A super Cub that has to be sold.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
My friend and Mechanic, John McIntyre, built this great super cub to spend his retirement years flying up in Alaska. This summer John suffered a slight stroke, that has put his dreams on hold. Now he must sell this beautiful Super Cub that he built. It has many extra features, Long range fuel, extended baggage, plus many other features not found in your regular super cub. This plane has 12 hours on it. Contact me if you are interested in a great airplane.

Attachments

• John McIntyre's Super Cub..jpg
    John McIntyre's Super Cub..jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 169
The plane is located in Nampa, ID. It is marked Experimental. I don't know all of the details. You would have to talk to John himself. He is just a real good friend, plus a great mechanic. He started at 16 and is now 75.

Condolences to your friend. Looks like a nice ship.
Had a gorgeous 172 for nineteen years. Never put a nick on her.
Cancer diagnoses a year and a half ago. Sold the 172, knowing what the FAA would do if I applied for another medical.
Bought an E/LSA to fly on my drover's (no typo) license.
Never in this year and a half of Chemo and assorted side effects have I been unable to be a safe, proficient pilot. I'm 72 and it looks like I'll make another ten.
No physical problems besides the cancer, which is waning.
Blue skies to everyone!:wink2:

Condolences to your friend. Looks like a nice ship.
Had a gorgeous 172 for nineteen years. Never put a nick on her.
Cancer diagnoses a year and a half ago. Sold the 172, knowing what the FAA would do if I applied for another medical.
Bought an E/LSA to fly on my drover's (no typo) license.
Never in this year and a half of Chemo and assorted side effects have I been unable to be a safe, proficient pilot. I'm 72 and it looks like I'll make another ten.
No physical problems besides the cancer, which is waning.
Blue skies to everyone!:wink2:

I joined the UFO club thes year and I plan on flying for several more. I will be 81 in Dec. and I don't feel like I am to dangerous as yet. If my money holds out I will fly until I can't pass the physical. Then I will see where I am .

I hope you have at least another 10 years and even more.

Folks always looking for PA18s.

You'll have much better luck if you can post the specs and a price, especially the price part.

PA-18-?

Weight?

More pictures

Engine

Price

Etc

I don't know all of that, but I think he has it listed in Trade-A-Plane.

My friend and Mechanic, John McIntyre, built this great super cub to spend his retirement years flying up in Alaska. This summer John suffered a slight stroke, that has put his dreams on hold. Now he must sell this beautiful Super Cub that he built. It has many extra features, Long range fuel, extended baggage, plus many other features not found in your regular super cub. This plane has 12 hours on it. Contact me if you are interested in a great airplane.

The ad says email the seller for pictures. I did that and he said he couldn't be bothered to send pictures. I own 2 experimentals and a helicopter, and I'm looking for an experimental carbon cub. Too bad the seller doesn't know how to qualify real buyers from tire kickers and write ads he can comply with. . :rolleyes2:

"New Experimental Javron PA 18 Cub, $125000, 55 TTE and Airframe,Superior balanced 180 hp,Glass Panel, Selkirk Carbon Fiber Cowling 0360 balanced Superior Engine Catto 86/38 prop Micro VGs Electric Trim 6" extended gear 850:6 Tires Empty Wt: 1052# email for complete set of pictures and materials: rcope@palmain.com 541-231-6323"

Last edited:
The ad says email the seller for pictures. I did that and he said he couldn't be bothered to send pictures. I own 2 experimentals and a helicopter, and I'm looking for an experimental carbon cub. Too bad the seller doesn't know how to qualify real buyers from tire kickers and write ads he can comply with. . :rolleyes2:

prove to him you are serious.

I asked for information he offered in the ad and he refused. First he has to prove he is a seller. ;)

Very much a tire kicker practice, call him and tell him you are a cash buyer and will be there to inspect the aircraft on a certain date.

I don't think that is the same plane as I am talking about. Johns plane isn't in Culver and that isn't the right phone number and it doesn't have 55 hours on the engine.

Very much a tire kicker practice, call him and tell him you are a cash buyer and will be there to inspect the aircraft on a certain date.

Lol

I'd think he'd be Johnny quick on any request when he's asking that much for that plane.

Different airplanes.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

I don't think that is the same plane as I am talking about. Johns plane isn't in Culver and that isn't the right phone number and it doesn't have 55 hours on the engine.

Bob,

If your buddy can't take or post pictures of the plane, let me know and I will go take the pictures and help him get them posted.

Too nice of a plane to not get it sold, if that's what he needs to do.

Bob,

If your buddy can't take or post pictures of the plane, let me know and I will go take the pictures and help him get them posted.

Too nice of a plane to not get it sold, if that's what he needs to do.

yes he says he is selling everything including his hangar in Nampa. I feel so sorry for him as I know the love and care and pains that he used in making that airplane. I would bet it is better than a production aircraft. He just will not settle for anything but perfection in his craft.

Back