A small vertical speed doubt!

TheBusFlyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TheBusFlyer
Hi!

Ok, I am at ALT CRZ. I pull VS knob (ie. VS = 0). I then turn the knob : 200ft/min without changing the ALT. What happens?

I am at ALT CRZ. I pull VS knob (ie. VS = 0), I then turn the knob : -200ft/min without changing the ALT. What happens?

If someone could just tell me what FCU & FMA will display in both cases, It would be great!

Thanks!

Hi!

Ok, I am at ALT CRZ. I pull VS knob (ie. VS = 0). I then turn the knob : 200ft/min without changing the ALT. What happens?

I am at ALT CRZ. I pull VS knob (ie. VS = 0), I then turn the knob : -200ft/min without changing the ALT. What happens?

If someone could just tell me what FCU & FMA will display in both cases, It would be great!

Thanks!

You will see SPEED | V/S-200 | NAV |. On the FMA

FCU will display ALT of whatever your last setting was, and -200 under V/S

And you will get an ALT alert through about 250'.

someone care to translate the above to GA speak?

In other other words, it will fly that 200 FPM right into the ground. There is no altitude protection in that scenario.

The journalists got tired of asking questions on the germanwings crash on APC and came over here? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This should be titled "Questions from the Flight Sim Deck"

Thanks R&W,

So you get an ALT alarm for 250 seconds, right?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply,

1) Won't it be MACH (above FL250, FM only computes ECON Speeds) / VS -200ft / NAV?

2) So let's say that FCU ALT = 35000ft. I will hear an ALT alarm above 35 250ft (ie.+200ft/min) and one below 34 750ft? Will I hear it till I hit the ground?

Thanks

Back