A simple little project

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Mounting a VFR wall planning to corkboard is nothing new, but I thought I'd share a simple, cheap way to do it. I got a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" foam insulation for $10, a roll of white duct tape, and a can of spray adhesive. The white tape hides the pink edge. For about $30 all in, I have a nice looking pin board, and it took about an hour to assemble. My two oldest got a nice geography lesson helping pin the airports we've been to. IMG_20200225_164148768.jpg (I know im begging for a 'coming out of the closet' joke here)
IMG_20200225_204454726.jpg

Nice!

Im doing one of just Michigan for the living room and going to do the US one in the hangar once i get moved to the high rent hangars. The MI one took a few hours of photoshop work being shes on 4 different sectionals! The one the state puts out isn't in electronic form and needed it electronic-so i can get it poster sized.

Now what you do is hang a string that corresponds to x hours in the airplane from your home drone. When you want to plan a fun trip, just use the string and fly to any airport in that radius.

Now what you do is hang a string that corresponds to x hours in the airplane from your home drone. When you want to plan a fun trip, just use the string and fly to any airport in that radius.

For sure. It was fun showing them how far we went in a day on our Florida trip, and that basically anything east of the Rockies is within a fairly easy day of flying. It was even eye opening for me.... it's one thing to do it on a tablet, but seeing it on that big map made it more real somehow.

Had a nice pin board when I owned a house. Had to give it up when I went condo living.

Back