A sign of spring

Maxnr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
I was sitting on my patio today, sipping my vodka and Tang and heard a little different sound. Looked up and saw a solo F-18 in Blue Angel colors loafing along west bound headed for NAS Pensacola about 1,500'. He was coming from the direction of Eglin Aux field Six (Biancur Field).
I used to operate out of VPS-6 in my military days. Range control would close our airspace from time to time for a solo Blue Angel practice session. Likely a new pilot.
Soon, they will be doing full practices at the NAS and they will be open to the public.

In 1997 my wife & I took our kids on a cross Florida camping trip. We spent 3 nights at the campground near Ft. Picket. The first morning the kids were up at 7 and we were busy telling them to be quiet so as to not wake other campers. About that time a flight of Blue Angels blasted over the dune at about 500ft. We said come on and make all the noise you wish. We tramped over to the bay side beach and watched the whole rehearsal. Full show. It was a great experience!

Looking forward to catching the Angels at Tinker AFB in OKC July 1-2 this year. Ought to be a scorcher of a weekend but the kids will get their first airshow experience.

The Blue Angels will be at Sun 'N' Fun this year, performing on Friday, March 31st, Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd. The USAF F-35 Demo Team will also be performing. If you're not familiar with it, Sun 'N' Fun is sort of a scaled down Oshkosh and is well worth a visit if you happen to be in the area at that time.

A first sign of spring here today...... wind.

If flying in gusty winds up to 50 makes ya nervous, avoid Gallup in the spring.

Also today, snow and temp are both falling. I think our high temp for today occurred at 7am...

Here in NM the state will close roads due to winds. Occasionally they will close the roads due to snow, but more often they close due to dust.

Sun n fun is fast approaching, well worth a visit if you’ve never attended.

Sign of spring? Most major roads are closed in Wyoming today due to blizzard conditions everywhere.
As a former "Maine-E-Ack", I'm sorta missing a little snow now and then. Here in the FL panhandle (AKA: Lower Alabama) it's just another 75 deg day with 2 kts of wind out of the SE.

It's 86, mostly sunny and pleasantly breezy today, and highs in the 80s all week. I don't miss Minnesotan winters at all. :D

Back