A shout out to MSP Center

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Yesterday i was coming back from Duluth, direct Fargo and due to a layer couldn't climb above 3700. Duluth departure handed me off to MSP Center, they made sure they were talking to me all the way, when they lost on Radio they relayed a backup frequency for me to switch to via a skywest big iron, when they lost me on radar, they made sure and asked for position reports .... they didnt have to do any of those, i was fully expecting, "radar contact lost, squawk VFR". but they went out of their way to ensure i was in contact and where i was at any given point of time. might not be a big deal for them, i dont know, meant a lot for this lowly VFR guy

donno if anyone here works in that Tracon or not, but just wanted to say thanks and kudos...

Yesterday i was coming back from Duluth, direct Fargo and due to a layer couldn't climb above 3700. Duluth departure handed me off to MSP Center, they made sure they were talking to me all the way, when they lost on Radio they relayed a backup frequency for me to switch to via a skywest big iron, when they lost me on radar, they made sure and asked for position reports .... they didnt have to do any of those, i was fully expecting, "radar contact lost, squawk VFR". but they went out of their way to ensure i was in contact and where i was at any given point of time. might not be a big deal for them, i dont know, meant a lot for this lowly VFR guy

donno if anyone here works in that Tracon or not, but just wanted to say thanks and kudos...

Not a TRACON, it’s a Center. Their identifier is ZMP, not that means anything important, nothing a Pilot will ever use, just some trivia. Their phone number is 651-463-5580. Give em a call and thank em. The person answering may transfer you the to the operations room or just pass it on. Have the date and time handy to give to them.

Not a TRACON, it’s a Center. Their identifier is ZMP, not that means anything important, nothing a Pilot will ever use, just some trivia. Their phone number is 651-463-5580. Give em a call and thank em. The person answering may transfer you the to the operations room or just pass it on. Have the date and time handy to give to them.
ha, i didnt know the diff. thanks for the number, i will give them a call

The more you need the help ,the more they’ll give you,your safety is their priority.

The more you need the help ,the more they’ll give you,your safety is their priority.

That’s the thing, all I asked for was flight following and normally around brainard they will lose me on radar and just say squawk VFR. This time around they didn’t and hence going above what they normally do. I called the facility and thanked them. From what I could tell... they don’t get a thank you call that often unless they really saved your bacon, and even them it’s rare.

I called the facility and thanked them. From what I could tell... they don’t get a thank you call that often unless they really saved your bacon, and even them it’s rare.
Like when someone calls the help desk. The phone's not ringing because it's all good.

That’s the thing, all I asked for was flight following and normally around brainard they will lose me on radar and just say squawk VFR. This time around they didn’t and hence going above what they normally do. I called the facility and thanked them. From what I could tell... they don’t get a thank you call that often unless they really saved your bacon, and even them it’s rare.
Sounds like they knew you needed it that day. Good story to Hear!!!

Back