A sad passing.

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
http://www.legacy.com/TimesUnion/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=89001085

Bishop Jecko was an instrument rated private pilot. I used to run into him often at the airport (Craig CRG) where he based his Piper Seneca. He used his Seneca to cut travel time when visiting churches around the Florida Diocese. I haven't seen him since his retirement and move to Texas though. A truly good man that could communicate well with everyone about anything. Very intellegent, spiritual, and giving. I will miss him. :(:(

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss, Frank. Reckon he really WAS a sky pilot - sounds like he was a good man.

Sorry for your loss, Frank. Reckon he really WAS a sky pilot - sounds like he was a good man.

Thanks Tom. I had met the Bishop a few times (he performed my Confirmation) but I never knew he was a pilot. Then one day I popped into the FBO to get a sectional and ran into him there. We chatted awhile and I learned that he had recently sold his Arrow, and aquired, with a partner, a Seneca II. Saw him several times after that at the airport. Very friendly and likable fellow.

Back