A&P recommendation for pre-buy ... coastal NC

alanbreck

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AlanB
Could anyone recommend an A&P for a pre-buy inspection in the coastal NC area? Near New Bern? Familiarity with fabric planes and Rotax would be ideal.

Well I was asking for recommendations because I live a long way away from this particular airplane for sale. So my local EAA chapter isn't going to be much help.

Yeah, that too...:goofy:. Heck, I can't take it with me...:yes:

Funny you say that. Wife & I building a log home and the cost is going up up up! WTF were we thinking. Maybe I should tell her that, can't take it with us, might make her relax. But at least you bought a cool plane. All I get, aww never mind... :D

Funny you say that. Wife & I building a log home and the cost is going up up up! WTF were we thinking. Maybe I should tell her that, can't take it with us, might make her relax. But at least you bought a cool plane. All I get, aww never mind... :D

Saving for a rainy day was what my patents preached. It took a while before I realized that we can't do that at the cost of living. So, the task became save but live. I've been lucky enough to do both... When you and your wife are building memories the cost of the home will never cross your mind. Good luck with the build.

Saving for a rainy day was what my patents preached. It took a while before I realized that we can't do that at the cost of living. So, the task became save but live. I've been lucky enough to do both... When you and your wife are building memories the cost of the home will never cross your mind. Good luck with the build.

Yeah you're right. We can handle I told her, so it's going to cost a bit more, and probably a bit more than that bit...lol

We'll enjoy once it's over and done.

Yw, she's a sweet bird. We love her...

Looks like an R model? I flew 310s for a 135 FBO, I, M, Q, and R. That big nose was a big improvement for W&B, especially flying 135 loaded up.

Looks like an R model? I flew 310s for a 135 FBO, I, M, Q, and R. That big nose was a big improvement for W&B, especially flying 135 loaded up.

Yeah, it's a 79 Turbo R model... Real stable IMC platform and fast... Finding the hangar for it was the real problem...

Yeah, it's a 79 Turbo R model... Real stable IMC platform and fast... Finding the hangar for it was the real problem...

I think they had 2 310 Turbo. I think it was the I they had that had different engines on it, forget the conversion name. Something like 300 or more HP on each of those engines.

I think they had 2 310 Turbo. I think it was the I they had that had different engines on it, forget the conversion name. Something like 300 or more HP on each of those engines.

I know RAM has a couple of conversions one is 300 hp and the other is 325hp... I think Conti has 300hp engines available also. I don't know of any others for the turbo models

I know RAM has a couple of conversions one is 300 hp and the other is 325hp... I think Conti has 300hp engines available also. I don't know of any others for the turbo models

Now that you mention it, it was a 325 conversion, but RAM doesn't ring a bell. This was an 'I' model and nonturbo.

Now that you mention it, it was a 325 conversion, but RAM doesn't ring a bell. This was an 'I' model and nonturbo.

I hear that conversion makes the 310 a real screamer... So what are you flying these days???

Back