A&P project help needed for a Cessna project just north of Pittsburgh

Skylark23

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Skylark
Hi all. I'm a new member here. I have a project that was started by my grandfather that I am picking up and finishing. It's a Cessna 175 with an engine upgrade with STC to an O-470. The previous mechanic started the upgrade and overhaul and then didn't finish the work and had too many projects going before moving into a new career. The project is in a hangar north of Pittsburgh and I am ready to take it to completion. I know much of the process will need to be started over but it's a low time airframe in good condition. I am looking for an experienced A&P willing to take on something like this. This is potential project for a moonlighter as I don't have a fixed schedule and just want to do it right. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'd even consider shipping it somewhere if the situation made sense.

Since it sounds like it has been some time since the engine actually flew you

may want to begin by assuring it‘s condition before moving forward.

AD’s could put a real damper on the project. A Test Cell run would be

ideal. Columbia?

Since it sounds like it has been some time since the engine actually flew you

may want to begin by assuring it‘s condition before moving forward.

AD’s could put a real damper on the project. A Test Cell run would be

ideal. Columbia?
The engine was from another airplane and has not been run since we acquired it and started the overhaul. Yeah I get there will be some headaches and will take time to sort out.

The engine will possibly need to be disassembled and inspected and tested. I'm not sure. This is part of the reason I am looking for someone who is very experienced.

Last edited:
I appreciate the responses and emails so far. I am still looking for a mechanic who has enough availability to take this on as a project.

Back