A&P / IA in Charlotte, NC Area

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Need a "pre-buy" (I know there's no such thing as an official prebuy) done on a Cherokee for my dad. It's got a brand new overhauled engine so I'm not worried about that. Really looking for a thorough airframe inspection and AD compliance, etc...

Any suggestions?

N2212R said:
Need a "pre-buy" (I know there's no such thing as an official prebuy) done on a Cherokee for my dad. It's got a brand new overhauled engine so I'm not worried about that. Really looking for a thorough airframe inspection and AD compliance, etc...

Any suggestions?

"Brand new overhauled" by who? and who did the R&R? Don't skip the engine inspection just because someone says an o/h was completed. Assuming the engine itself was assembled by a reputable shop, there's lots of wiggle room on accessories, baffling, cables, wiring etc.

N2212R said:

Any suggestions?

Several years ago I was considering a plane in that area. Mark and Agatha Shilling put me in touch with an A&P/IA who had done work for their needs. I don't remember the name, however. I'd suggest PM-ing NC Pilot or Agatha(RUSH?) and learn who it was. Just a thought.

HR(Incidentally, that post about the house which exploded(propane tanks) in North Carolina? That was in Mark/Agatha's town/city).

N2212R said:

Any suggestions?
If it can travel an hour to Johnston County Airport (JNX) I do have a couple of good suggestions. PM me if interested.

I will check with some pilot friends in the Charlotte area regarding who they use.

Where is the plane based?

Back