A&P Availability

I (many moons ago) did electrical work including service calls. We charged for travel outside a particular radius (don't remember the exact radius. Basically anything above a 1/2 hour travel time-barring traffic etc.) and a basic service call was (again. many moons ago) $90 which covered getting there and the first 1/2 hour of labor.

@Tom-D , I think it's perfectly reasonable to charge for travel time. You can do it explicitly ($x for travel) or just build it into your initial "show up" price ($Y for the first 1/2 hour, $Y-X per hour thereafter).

If it were me, I'd probably group trips to the same location if possible and spread the travel charges across multiple customers, but sometimes that just wont work.

John

Both maintenance and avionics shops are only as far away as my phone. Both have a key to my hangar and will come get the plane and tow it to their shop. Very convenient.

When I asked the question, I was wondering if I was the only one traveling to maintain customers.
My guy is at ONZ most of the time, but I know he travels to at least YIP and 1D2.
I used to have an avionics guy that was based at 1D2 but would come down to ONZ - never charged me for travel, but he would try to coordinate it so he had more than one airplane to work on.

Back