A&P at JVL?

Jmcmanna

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jmcmanna
I just moved my new-to-me Arrow to Janesville, WI. Those of you who base here, who do you use for maintenance?

I just moved my new-to-me Arrow to Janesville, WI. Those of you who base here, who do you use for maintenance?
Myself and @rwellner98 go to the Johnson Bros in Lone Rock (LNR). I'm based in RYV, so it's a bit of a haul for me, but it's well worth it. Ryan and Cory are the best that there are. Feel free to private message me if you have a hard time finding their contact info. Their online presence isn't stellar.

I've also seen/heard good things about Spring CIty Aviation in BUU (Burlington) and Plane safe in Waukesha (UES). Again though, I still take my plane to the Johnson brothers. I would stay away from Wisconsin Aviation (At RYV, MSN and UNU). I haven't heard anyone with good experiences there including myself.

Edit: Welcome to the area. I just moved to the Watertown area myself as of May this year. Please come on by to our fly-in at JVL next weekend:
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/kjvl-bessies-dinner.114550/#post-2626051

Last edited:
Thank you for the invite! No promises as I have to work in Elgin mid-day, but I will try. I am familiar with Spring City at BUU and like Paul there. Who do you call on-field when something breaks unexpectedly and you can’t fly somewhere else? It seems like GA maintenance is pretty light here.

Myself and @rwellner98 go to the Johnson Bros in Lone Rock (LNR). I'm based in RYV, so it's a bit of a haul for me, but it's well worth it. Ryan and Cory are the best that there are. Feel free to private message me if you have a hard time finding their contact info. Their online presence isn't stellar.

I've also seen/heard good things about Spring CIty Aviation in BUU (Burlington) and Plane safe in Waukesha (UES). Again though, I still take my plane to the Johnson brothers. I would stay away from Wisconsin Aviation (At RYV, MSN and UNU). I haven't heard anyone with good experiences there including myself.

Edit: Welcome to the area. I just moved to the Watertown area myself as of May this year. Please come on by to our fly-in at JVL next weekend:
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/kjvl-bessies-dinner.114550/#post-2626051

I would second that Plane Safe at Waukesha is great, and to avoid Wisconsin Aviation.

If you're looking for inexpensive without cutting corners, Airworthy Aviation in Sheboygan is good too. I seem to recall that Badgerland Aero (one of the clubs at MSN) was using someone else, maybe even in Janesville, with a similar description, but the name escapes me.

I met Joe at Blackhawk Maintenance today...very friendly guy. I’m not necessarily looking forward to trying his services out, but happy that there is someone on field (and close to my hangar!)

Back