A Note to Diabetics

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
I have seen lots of posts about diabetics and thought I'd post my experience.

I have had type II for 6 years. When I got it, I decided I was determined to not have any complications...or at least not to cause them myself.

In my research, I stumbled across much information about low carb diets. I've always been interested in nutrition, and was intrigued by the increasing evidence that bad carbs, not fat, contribute many of our health issues, including diabetes.

So began my journey.

I have been low carb for 6 years now. The results:

* Lost 20 excess pounds effortlessly and kept it off
* A1C has ranged from 4.8 to 5.2 (current)
* Fasting blood glucose is 90-110
* Cholesterol and Triglycerides plummeted to way below average
* Blood pressure normal (was WAY too high)

I still take Metformin and a few other drugs, but my doctor says we can start phasing some of them out.

My goal this year is to get a full 2 year medical, and I'm told it's a possibility.

Will everyone get these results on low carb? Maybe not. But I did want to share my results. Be sure to check with your doctor before doing anything!

Final strong recommendation: Contact Dr. Bruce and let him do your medical if you can. He helped me immensely. Whatever you do, don't fill out the MedExpress form until you talk to him.

Hope this is useful. Don't like posting my medical issues in a forum, but just thought it might help someone. :)

Last edited:
My goal this year is to get a full 2 year medical, and I'm told it's a possibility.

With the CACI revisions of last year and the results as you have posted. You will. (A1C < 6.5, FBG<=125, metformin as a medication)

Congrats on your ongoing success!

I have seen lots of posts about diabetics and thought I'd post my experience.
I'll be following your foot steps very soon, we started a no carb diet this week, I am not on any drugs for a high (6.6) A1C but my AME is giving me 3 months to control it with diet and exercise. before he puts me on medication. I do not need to lose weight. in face I need to gain 10 pounds.

My combined cholesterol number is 175. so no problem there.

Last edited:
My A1C started much higher than yours and 5.2 is as high as it gets now. Low carb takes some doing, but once you find foods you like, it's great. I eat however much I want and don't put on weight.

Back