A new CFI

JBrown243

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
"Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." I just got my CFI certificate! But now that I have it, I have no clue what to do.

My logbook should arrive at your place tomorrow via UPS. You can sign off a BFR and send it back!

Go to the airport and undercut the regulars. Try a radical new aviation strategy, paying students to fly with you.:D

Congratulations! I got my CFI back in August and am still trying to figure out what to do with it :). I've been doing side jobs like high performance and complex endorsements while starting the II. Time to network a lot and get some clients! Enjoy it, it's SO much fun!!

Congrats,now go forth and produce new pilots and make a million.

Good job. I just renewed mine for the 22 time. Still wondering.

thanks all. It's a strange feeling, it was always something off in the distance, a goal to be attained. But, not it's a reality. Can't wait for the adventures of flight training. I guess it's time to start a book of flight training stories.

Congrats!

The initial FSDO CFI ride is the most difficult of them all

Well done, now go make some pilots.

You'll have a ton of fun as a CFI. Teaching is a great learning experience.

"Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." I just got my CFI certificate! But now that I have it, I have no clue what to do.

Go forth and share the joy of flight! Make up some cards and post them on some bulletin boards. Talk to some FBOs and pick up some students for them. Use your new ticket while your training is fresh so it cements it.

Congrats!

One more suggestion: Don't stop now....adding the -I is not that tough (you've already done all the training...just go practice all your IFR skills from the right seat.) Having that opens up even more training opportunities than primary training. Then add your MEI, which gets you valuable twin time (at least valuable if you plan on making a career of it.)

Back