A Milestone

Impressive. How did you keep the non-XC so low? I had a little over 50 hrs in my PPL (12 XC), but then IR and multiple check-outs in different planes, BFRs and insurance check flights, have just added up for me.

Otherwise, when I get in the plane it's an XC flight. I'm at 79.77% XC time.

I did my private at something around 42-45 total time (I forget the number) and there was some XC in there of course. I was never a “just bomb around” kinda person so all the flying I did was still going 100 nm or more most of the time, at least over 50 so it was an XC. We then started on my instrument training and because I was low on XC time, we always flew at least 50 nm to do my practice approaches so I could build that time as well.

Once I had my instrument, back into travel. Didn’t take much work to get my comm or multi, not much local time with those.

I rarely had a flight review because I was getting new ratings or otherwise doing training that reset the clock. And even for training we’d tend to fly to a less busy airport to do it, so... XC time. Few local maintenance flights and essentially zero local sight seeing flights.

I just always had somewhere to go.

Back