A lot of first's this weekend

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
I did an Angel Flight to Chandler Arizona this weekend. In the process I checked off a lot of first's in my list of pilot experiences. Had a great flight, good weather, but just about fried my brains out in Chandler. Brian et al, how can you stand it, I thought it was hot where I live. Why did they build it on the face of the sun? It was 105 degrees on the ramp at 10:30 a.m. I could harldly wait to get back up to cruise altitude of 9500 leaving (vfr on the way back). It was 58 degrees up there, what a relief.

First's include:
1st time in Bravo airspace
1st IFR in Bravo
1st time flying 2 passengers who had never been on an airplane period
1st time hearing the dreaded words " I have an ammendment to your routing, advise ready to copy"
1st time flying near max gross

Don

Should have seen me Don when I landed at Lake Havesu with Michael. It was 117. I am from MO.

Mark

After the first year, you sorta just get used to it. I dont notice it as much as I used to. Dont get me wrong, I can tell its still way to hot, but it doesnt "hit me like an oven" when i step outside the way it used to.
current weather today is...hot. 117

markb5900 said:
Should have seen me Don when I landed at Lake Havesu with Michael. It was 117. I am from MO.

Mark

Wow, I bet it would be a lot harder on you than me. At least I am sorta used to it. It felt like being in the sauna to me. I could feel it during the desent into Chandler, just kept getting hotter and hotter.
Don

Don good on you for the Angel Flight! congrats on your firsts. I remember my first flight IFR EVER with my family KPNE to KDXR, Just switched freq from tower to Dep and they gave me an amended. :eek:

AdamZ said:
Don good on you for the Angel Flight! congrats on your firsts. I remember my first flight IFR EVER with my family KPNE to KDXR, Just switched freq from tower to Dep and they gave me an amended. :eek:

At least they gave me plenty of time to get it set up. They only changed the
last 50 miles or so. They routed me quite a bit out of my way and when I got closer I requested direct and got it. Ended up flying it just like I had planned it.
lol

Don

good times. You know, yesterday it was 104 here in the burque, according to one of those bank temperature signs.

That's plenty hot, thank you :)

Back