A little low pressure...

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
That's a sporty wind barb... 120 knots at FL370 near the Colorado/Utah border.

y6u9yvav.jpg

He also reports light turbulence in the other panel. Heh.

Judging by the wind here on the other side of the Rockies, I believe him. And it's gonna get cold...

Yup, the fun is starting. Got snow in Lakewood now...

Man, tomorrow that thing is going to go from I-Falls MN to Harlingen, TX.....

We had strong enough winds in WWW yesterday that we shut down some field operations. The forecast called for G60 and I believe there were a few of those. Drove back to Denver last night through rain, some (little) mixed snow.

Hope this storm is just a warm-up for winter, we need the moisture.

Glad I didn't fly up but there wasn't much chance of that...the 'kota is down for maintenance - I think a mag was going bad.

The low level jet sending the warm air up in front of this front has been killing me in Texarkana the last couple days. Not much you can do when the forecast is 30+ at 3000 feet and that's about the extent of your cruise speed.

Here's what it turned into earlier this afternoon...

vugu5egy.jpg

u9emevyj.jpg

And what it became tonight...

4emenane.jpg

It'll be VFR by tomorrow afternoon. Typical Colorado...

ama7uvyz.jpg

Blech, but it's Colorado so you need snow for all those skiers I guess.

Telluride got 14 in on Saturday, and it's not open yet. I quit skiing years ago - too much traffic on I-70 on the weekends, and the price of lift tickets is obscene.

The last time I went to ski Vail, the lift was like $150 for a single day. Now I ski at Copper Mountain and Breckenridge. Much more reasonable.

The last time I went to ski Vail, the lift was like $150 for a single day. Now I ski at Copper Mountain and Breckenridge. Much more reasonable.

Shhhh. The tourists go to Vail.

Locals buy passes from Intrawest and go to Copper, Winter Park/Mary Jane, and for a few bucks more, Steamboat.

Trendy 20-something's of both local and foreign bents with matching snowsuits with their girlfriends go to Aspen and "Breck". Hehehe.

(It's "Breckenridge", damnit! Heh.)

Yep, snow for the tourists, snow so we can have water in Denver, snow so California can have water.

Back