A letter to Barack Obama

jay,

to me, those read more like statements of fact, not political cheerleading.

nice letter, nick.

Here you go. I considered posting the reasons I find these to be cheerleading for hopey changiness, but that would definitely be SZ material.

Hmmm...mine wasn't so much "cheerleading" (I'm not a hopey-changy kinda guy), but more naieve, in hope (oops...there's that word) that the weight of the office had some import on the holder.

I gotta agree with this. I'm convinced that no living entity reads the letters - everything is an automated word scanner. Pick out critical words, grabs appropriate campaign promises and generate response letter.

Also note - do NOT send US Mail - due to the anthrax issue a number of years ago, all US Mail to Congress and many other DC addresses go thru a multi-week decontamination process. Send a fax or send an email. Don't send snailmail.
Snailmail gets there fine, no matter what the process is.

I have note from the president to prove it.

(No. It's not a personal note, although he does send those.)

First off, good work Nick. Heartfelt and to the point. I can only hope it makes a difference, if even a small one. :thumbsup:

Now, with regard to cheerleading:

Mike's post states a fact. Well, so we've been told by the administration, and I'm willing to believe it.

Scott's is an opinion, but a fair one. To restate, if you don't participate, you have no right to gripe.

JeffDG is a known conservative voice on the board, and hardly a cheerleader for Obama.

Methinks thou dost see cheerleading where none exists......:dunno:

Now, with regard to cheerleading:

Mike's post states a fact. Well, so we've been told by the administration, and I'm willing to believe it.

Scott's is an opinion, but a fair one. To restate, if you don't participate, you have no right to gripe.

JeffDG is a known conservative voice on the board, and hardly a cheerleader for Obama.

Methinks thou dost see cheerleading where none exists......:dunno:

Methinks the same! But I'm glad Jay posted what he thought was cheerleading. Sorry to say it Jay, but if these are the kinds of things you're railing against the MC for constantly, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. There has certainly been some political stuff outside SZ that doesn't belong (and I've bad-posted it and been completely baffled by a couple of spots where no action was taken whatsoever and threads were left open, as I've posted about publicly) but I don't think it's any sort of "MC bias," I think it's simply a lack of action, and that most of the conservative folks are, well, more conservative (sorry :rofl:) when it comes to posting potentially political material outside SZ. Of the four people who I think have posted multiple things where they shouldn't be, there are three left-leaning ones, and only one right-leaning one.

Methinks the same! But I'm glad Jay posted what he thought was cheerleading. Sorry to say it Jay, but if these are the kinds of things you're railing against the MC for constantly, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.
If I were to post the same kinds of things about the former administration, I'd be banished to the SZ in nothing flat. It is that inconsistency that drives me to distraction.

Of the four people who I think have posted multiple things where they shouldn't be, there are three left-leaning ones, and only one right-leaning one.
...and yet the leftists get away with it.

If I were to post the same kinds of things about the former administration, I'd be banished to the SZ in nothing flat. It is that inconsistency that drives me to distraction.

...and yet the leftists get away with it.

Jay, really - The timing is certainly inconsistent and that baffles me, but I don't think it's because of you, or your political leanings. I've seen it too often in all areas to believe it's a vast left-wing conspiracy.

Kent, Kent, Kent...you obviously don't understand that this is a contest and the poster who is the crankiest about his guy wins. Everyone must have equal time and opportunity to act like a turd else it is not fair. Bonus to folks who interject politics while complaining about their exposure.

Nick TOTALLY started it!

"A letter to Barack Obama"

Now let's fix it:

A missive of undetermined type to:

temporary Occupant
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC​

Now there won't be any comments about Occupant reading missives of undetermined types, right?

Nick TOTALLY started it!

Now let's fix it:

A missive of undetermined type to:

temporary Occupant
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC​

Now there won't be any comments about Occupant reading missives of undetermined types, right?

And that's the beauty of our system and life in general. Its all temporary. I laugh at some of my more materialistic friends who have to own a lot of "stuff". Hey, you're just renting buddy. No matter if you're Trump, Gates, etc, you are a RENTER.

Except we own airplanes, as they are sacred and pass with us into the afterlife. :D

Back