A.I.G v Avemco renters insurance?

If you accept AIG aren't you actually now owning your own insurance since all of us taxpayers have been forced into an AIG investment?

Unless you have no faith in the continuing financial strength of the US government, which is bailing out AIG, I wouldn't worry about it. And if you don't, ain't no insurance gonna matter, anyway.

And it's good news - It makes sense that AIG would have sound subsidiaries (like ILFC and the insurance groups), and while those might end up getting sold to raise cash to pay debt, it's not the same thing as having their internal coffers raided.

Oh, nevermind....I was thinking the AOPA insurance agency IS AIG, but it's AON.
I dropped AOPA as all of their quotes were high. I went to another broker and got the insurance I needed, went back to AOPA and asked them why it was so high. Their answer was that they gave a higher quality insurance. That did nto make sense since two of the quotes I got back were from companies that AOPA had also quoted to me.

In the end I went with a local broker who set me up with Old Republic.

How did you get that?

AON provides ("private labels") the AOPA Insurance agency, at least it was when I used them.

I just meant that I had them confused.

If it is AON I wouldn't be surprised if the guy you talk to is in downtown Chicago in the old Standard Oil/Amoco building or in Glenview in the old Zenith building.

Back