A Higher Call

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
I got a bunch of aviation books for Christmas and after being quite disappointed in the first one I read, I decided to add some reviews and try to blow some of the dust out of the "book club" sub forum.

I was shocked that "A Higher Call" didn't have its own thread yet. One of the best books I've ever read; one of only a couple I've read straight through in a couple days because I couldn't put it down. It earned a permanent spot on my bookshelf.

16409595215102558168380890554763.jpg

Even had a local connection. Col. Joe Jackson, the Medal of Honor awardee who helped get the men to meet in the '80s, was a member of my EAA chapter.

Ron Wanttaja

I felt the same way after I read the book. Like, "why isn't this a well known story? Or movie?"

I haven't read the book. But, I've heard a brief version of the story before. I remember it as "The Charlie Brown Incident."

I got a bunch of aviation books for Christmas and after being quite disappointed in the first one I read, I decided to add some reviews and try to blow some of the dust out of the "book club" sub forum.

I was shocked that "A Higher Call" didn't have its own thread yet. One of the best books I've ever read; one of only a couple I've read straight through in a couple days because I couldn't put it down. It earned a permanent spot on my bookshelf.

View attachment 103277
It has it's own now. I first heard about it here on a good aviation books thread. Got it, read it, and yeah, outstanding book. It was a two day page turner for me to. My wife read it next. She's not much of a reader but it was a page turner for her to. She's really not a big aviation buff nor a war story fan. But there is so much more to it than that.

Back