A good used jet aircraft for sale.

A few what? Flanker series? No chance. They can't fly in double digit sams, no stealth capability, etc.

Flankers are a 4.5 Gen airplane - like a block 60 pork falcon or a F-15SG. Raptors weren't designed for traditional missions.

In a double digit SAM with advanced EA environment, the Flanker can do 0% of what the 22 can.
No, a few airplanes (EF2000 for example). Yes, the F-22 can do more, but is that worth twice the cost? I really don't think so, especially in a time when so much of the focus is on over the horizon weapons systems. I can see how the F-22 would have some advantages in air-to-ground, but as far as air-to-air, I'd much rather have twice the number of planes - everything else being equal.

An SU-27 .......

Thanks for the info. So much of those rules seem pointless - nobody seems to care, it's just paper for paper's sake. WHat a joke.

No, a few airplanes (EF2000 for example). Yes, the F-22 can do more, but is that worth twice the cost? I really don't think so, especially in a time when so much of the focus is on over the horizon weapons systems. I can see how the F-22 would have some advantages in air-to-ground, but as far as air-to-air, I'd much rather have twice the number of planes - everything else being equal.

I've fought against Raptors, MiGs, Flankers, EF2000, Rafale, Grippen and I'd take less Raptors than more of any of the others.

Again, twice the cost is only because we are buying 187. How much would the Typhoon be if they only made 187 and were the only country building it?

You can't separate air-to-ground and air-to-air anymore. Noone can do air to air or a/g with double digit sams in the area. Raptors can do both - at the same time.

Although it seems like it, I'm not a huge fan of the Raptor program. The jet is amazing though and we need it more than people think. I wish we would buy a bunch of 4.5 gen aircraft - then I could keep flying. But that's not how we are doing business these days. However, you can't do anything in advanced threat arenas just because you have more numbers - you need 22's.

Back