Fire Line 6L.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Fireline 4L.jpg
    Fireline 4L.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Fireline 3L.jpg
    Fireline 3L.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 41
Henning. I saw that on the news! Are you the only one flying the Pawnee or is that an Ag Truck? If so, I saw you flying.

Henning said:
A few pics I took the other day

In that 4th picture, is that a helicopter on its side? Looks like it's on fire, too. Or am I just seeing that wrong?

Troy Whistman said:
In that 4th picture, is that a helicopter on its side? Looks like it's on fire, too. Or am I just seeing that wrong?

Nope, you're eyes are good, crash on take off, that was about 1/2 a second after the big WHONK. The fire was put out about 20 seconds later and the one pilot aboard was pulled out OK.

Anthony said:
Henning. I saw that on the news! Are you the only one flying the Pawnee or is that an Ag Truck? If so, I saw you flying.

Well, that's a M-18 Dromadier in the pics (about 4 times the size and HP of a Pawnee and/or Ag Truck). I doubt you saw me flying. Interesting that you're getting news footage of fires in Australia. Musta been a slow news day.

Henning said:
Well, that's a M-18 Dromadier in the pics (about 4 times the size and HP of a Pawnee and/or Ag Truck). I doubt you saw me flying. Interesting that you're getting news footage of fires in Australia. Musta been a slow news day.

Yeah that kind of surpirsed me too.

Wow, lots of HP. What engine is in there? P&W?

Anthony said:
Yeah that kind of surpirsed me too.

Wow, lots of HP. What engine is in there? P&W?

Lets see if I can get the spelling right, I think it's Pietzetel. It's a Polish engine, heck, it's a Polish Plane. I believe it's the same engine as in the AN-2. I'm told it's built off the 1820, but I don't know, I havent been into one. Cheap HP, no less reliable than any other recip of the same HP, and you can buy 10 of them for the price of 1 turbine, and the 10 will out last the one. It's one of two planes you can make decent money with doing Boll Weevil as well, the Ag Husky is the other.

Back