A few pic's from AK

Iceman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
I probably not going to have time to write up a log from our recent trip to Alaska for a few weeks but here are a few pictures showing some of the wildlife we ran into...

Enjoy!

Those are nice pics and I like how you've framed them. It looks like some of those cubs are eye balling you.

A friend of mine worked at a AK lodge. Hauling the trash was on a rotation and when it was his turn he...well, he looked forward to some of the wildlife he'd encounter. He had always heard about a bear that hung out at the dump but he never saw it until this one time. He had dumped the trailer of trash and was heading back when he looked behind to see a he bear rise up to full ht not more that 20' away. So he snapped a couple pics. I saw the pics, the grizzly was taller than the ATV and trailer was long, maybe 15'. After that, he saw it a lot of times...just stay loose.

Forget the Bears and other animals ,I Want THE PLANE Dave G

Frank Browne said:
Looks close enough that if it were me I would want a .44 mag on my hip!!

:yes:

Actually the ones that I did not get a picture of (too close) had me wishing I had a real canon instead of a canon camera. One time a cub came to within 10 yards of us...NOT FUN. My hands were shaking so bad I could not take a picture for the next half hour. Keep in mind this cub was still ~300-400lbs :eek:.

Iceman said:

Actually the ones that I did not get a picture of (too close) had me wishing I had a real canon instead of a canon camera. One time a cub came to within 10 yards of us...NOT FUN. My hands were shaking so bad I could not take a picture for the next half hour. Keep in mind this cub was still ~300-400lbs :eek:.

Sounds like fun...

While the cubs themselves are to be respected the greater fear is their protective she bear.

BTW: Keeping within current POA tradition...it's 'cannon'.

Iceman said:

Judging by the size of the pegs in that grizz that's about to have lunch, I don't doubt one bit! :hairraise: :hairraise:

BTW, those are great photos!!:yes:

Back