A few notes..

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Gastons 2011 is just right around the corner. By the looks of registration it seems like this will be a smaller one then last year. If you plan on attending and haven't registered at www.gastonsflyin.com please do.

If anybody is willing to man a grill or prepare a group meal please step forward. The group is pretty good about providing the $$$.

We can do a formal Saturday night dinner. If you'd like to do that let me know. We need to make reservations.

I'll be arriving on Wednesday and will report conditions.

I can provide BFRs or IPCs. I've got a few lined up so far but can probably fit some more in. If you're interested let me know. Also if someone is not comfortable landing on the grass I am more then willing to meet you at Mountain Home and fly in with you.

Ooooh... nothing like a list to keep people on track! :yes:

Already registered. Christopher can help shop/cook/grill... he's good at it. Yes for 2 people on the Saturday night dinner. Where are we going to go eat?? Christopher has a class he is teaching until 3pm on Thursday, so we'll be taking off for 3M0 from there. Really not my first or second choice to head for Arkansas after 3pm in June, but can't do much about it, so will have to make it work and hope for the best. :rolleyes2: Save some pizza for us please... Christopher likes pepperoni and I like everything else except for the truly weird stuff... anchovies, pineapple, olives, and hot peppers. :D

We'll be eating at the Gastons restaurant Saturday night - unless someone wants to prepare a good meal for everyone :)

Thu
Jun 9

32.gif

Sunny

87°
65°

0%

I will take it!! :yes: And this will be my first time at the Gaston's restaurant for dinner, so I'm OK with trying it. I haven't heard great things about it... but they might surprise us this time! :fcross:

I will take it!! :yes: And this will be my first time at the Gaston's restaurant for dinner, so I'm OK with trying it. I haven't heard great things about it... but they might surprise us this time! :fcross:

It is what it is. If you go in expecting five star food and service, you'll be disappointed.

I go in wanting to spend quality time with my friends and don't mind paying a few extra bucks for the convenience and a *decent* meal...so I've never been disappointed. To me, it's always been more about the company and the conversation than the food and the service.

It is what it is. If you go in expecting five star food and service, you'll be disappointed.

I go in wanting to spend quality time with my friends and don't mind paying a few extra bucks for the convenience and a *decent* meal...so I've never been disappointed. To me, it's always been more about the company and the conversation than the food and the service.

Not going, no dog in the hunt. But sorry, I've never had to make comments like this about a restaurant I like. Sorta like saying the girl has a good personality.

Given the smaller group size this year - I doubt we'll overwhelm the restaurant. But we don't have the resources to pay for a $750 bus either. So our options are to either cook out on the line or go to the restaurant. Personally I'm ok with either.

I can help run the grill, too. I think Saturday dinner at the restaurant sounds good. Flight-line eats on Friday?

I can help run the grill, too. I think Saturday dinner at the restaurant sounds good. Flight-line eats on Friday?
Sounds like a plan to me. I'll try and arrange teh Sat dinner reservations tomorrow.

Looks like we'll be joining the crowd only for Sunday Brunch, plan to get there about 10:00AM. We're hoping Diana and Tom will join us with everyone for that brunch and visit!.

Looks like we'll be joining the crowd only for Sunday Brunch, plan to get there about 10:00AM. We're hoping Diana and Tom will join us with everyone for that brunch and visit!.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you. The weather forecast is looking NICE!

:fcross: Hoping for a drama-free weather flight for all! :fcross:

Chel, Jordan & Josh and I are looking forward to this year, although it'll be a bit shorter than stays in years past.

Business is good!

Whose forecast are you reading to reach that conclusion? Looks to me like one of those times when your glasses fog over every time you step outside.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you. The weather forecast is looking NICE!

Whose forecast are you reading to reach that conclusion? Looks to me like one of those times when your glasses fog over every time you step outside.

Below 100 and no thunderstorms or severe storms forecast. That's great southern weather! :yes:

...guess it all depends upon with which fox you intend to breed... :D

Those who are readily accessible for such activity seem to prefer air-conditioned lairs.

Maybe I should of planned on coming to Gastons this year. It sounds like you have a new activity on the agenda. Or is that just Wayne's way of saying it is hot?:dunno:

It's like any other transaction, you just show up and make some offers and see what happens. And like most other activities, you must be present to win.

PS: You are advised to exercise caution if you hear "Dueling Banjos" playing in the background.

Maybe I should of planned on coming to Gastons this year. It sounds like you have a new activity on the agenda. Or is that just Wayne's way of saying it is hot?:dunno:

Dueling Banjo's? I only recall a single guitar...

... and it lured all kinds of unsavory late-night creatures!

Back