A few iPhone questions....

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
I'm still not very good with the little beast, but it's now become even more important in keeping me connected with the outside world.

Is there any way to copy and paste when using it on the forums?

Tom just bought me a little iPod radio remote gadget for our anniversary. Come to find out, my iPod is too old to figure it out. His Nano works with it, so it's my Nano now. :D I wonder if it will work with the iPhone? With my luck with computers lately, I'm afraid I'll mess up the iPhone if I stick it in. Anybody know if it will work?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, there is not cut and paste with the iPhone/iTouch.

Depends which radio remote gadget. I have a combo DC charger/FM radio transmitter that I use for my iPhone that works fine, with occasional interference with the GSM signal. When you plug it in a pop-up screen warns that it is "not designed" for use with the iPhone and is likely to cause interference (as GSM phones are wont to do) and prompts me to decide if I want to put it in airport mode.

If it will fit in the port, it is not likely to do any damage. The worst that can happen is the device won't work.

There is a huge update coming soon to iPhone software and copy paste is sure possible.

I believe the update is due sometime in June. I don't know about the cut and paste but I am excited about the enterprise addition. It is suppose to work nicely with exchange server.

Wow... An iPhone thread where I have nothing more to say! :)

PJ's right on the copy/paste, Richard got the device.

OK, I have one more thing to say: I've used a couple of iPod add-ons that cause the iPhone to throw the "this device is not designed for the iPhone" error, and they work just fine. For example, my TransPod mount/charger/FM transmitter. In that case (my case that is) airplane mode is a good idea because the phone will put a lot of GSM noise into the radio which is annoying.

Diana, it sounds like you mean a remote control as in something you can point at the iPhone from across the room and control it? Heck, you probably don't even need to put it in airplane mode for that. It may not work, but you won't damage it. So, give it a shot. :yes:

Wow... An iPhone thread where I have nothing more to say! :)

PJ's right on the copy/paste, Richard got the device.

OK, I have one more thing to say: I've used a couple of iPod add-ons that cause the iPhone to throw the "this device is not designed for the iPhone" error, and they work just fine. For example, my TransPod mount/charger/FM transmitter. In that case (my case that is) airplane mode is a good idea because the phone will put a lot of GSM noise into the radio which is annoying.

Diana, it sounds like you mean a remote control as in something you can point at the iPhone from across the room and control it? Heck, you probably don't even need to put it in airplane mode for that. It may not work, but you won't damage it. So, give it a shot. :yes:

Kent it's a little bitty thing that plugs into the bottom of an iPod and it's called an "iPod Radio Remote".

Kent it's a little bitty thing that plugs into the bottom of an iPod and it's called an "iPod Radio Remote".

Huh... I see it's even an Apple product. Their site doesn't say it'll work with the iPhone (or the iPod Touch for that matter) but again, you won't hurt either one if you try. :)

Huh... I see it's even an Apple product. Their site doesn't say it'll work with the iPhone (or the iPod Touch for that matter) but again, you won't hurt either one if you try. :)
Kent, I finally got brave and tried it. The iPhone gave me a little message about not having the application. At least I didn't blow it up. :D

Kent, I finally got brave and tried it. The iPhone gave me a little message about not having the application. At least I didn't blow it up. :D

:)

Y'know, that sounds like a different message than the one I've seen, and leads me to believe that they may end up developing something for it to work. Maybe after the iPhone 2.0 software comes out? Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Back