A few brief moments...

lprellwitz

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iBug
Hi, all. Haven't posted much, but hope to be more active, now that my ID's up and running. Just had to post about a very short ride in a very sweet aircraft...

Stopped by home base yesterday to drop off some documentation for the files, chatting with the office manager, a good friend. While I'm there, she gets a call from a guy who used to instruct there, a really nice guy. He flies a plane for a small company, based at an airport about 5 nm away (we train there often), was going to stop by and say hi before taking the plane back for the evening.

He flies a Pilatus PC-12.

It is my current dream plane...

Rather than leave early, I decided to stick around a bit longer :) , in the hopes of getting a brief ride. I listen to him talk about this plane; manufactured in January of this year, has about 160 hours total time, I poke my head in, it is absolutely gorgeous inside....

I hope I'm not drooling too badly when I ask if I can hop in when he takes the PC-12 home. Our house is actually between these two airports, so it wouldn't be a problem for Grant to come pick me up.....

He says, "Sure, no problem."

:D :D :D :D :D

The hardest part was getting into the right seat; I bumped my head on one of the overhead switches. His response: "that's okay; actually, it's the first one we need to turn on for the preflight anyway."

I am destined to be in this plane!

The flying time lasted for about, oh, 5 minutes, but I didn't care. Went out west a bit, I got to fly from the right seat (yaw dampeners are wonerful things), get us over to the airport, and take it from downwind through the turn for final before handing it back over.

The landing: butter...... that gear is too smooth.

Had a good-size smile on my face the rest of the evening. Don't know when I'll get the chance to be in one again, but I'll chalk it up to being in the right place at the right time on a lazy Friday afternoon....

Leslie

Hi Leslie...Welcome aboard. That is so awesome you were able to go flying in the Pilatus PC-12. It's always nice to be in the right place at the right time isn't it?

Did you make it to the99's convention this weekend in DC?

Brook

Hi, Brook. The 99s convention is next weekend; I leave for DC Tuesday. Hoping things have dried out a bit. Will I see you there?

Leslie, you dog-ette, you lucked out.

Celia Jane (my Goddess-like wife) has observed that somethng like a Pilatus or a Piper Malibu "...would be nice."

Indeed!

Envious, yes, but you can't resent it when someone as nice as you gets the cool ride.

I bet you end up with one, some day, then you can bring it to Gaston's!

Powerball, mega-millions, whichever, I'm not picky. Just wish I could find out who to talk to about all of these defective lottery tickets I seem to be getting of late; they're holding up my plane order...

Back