A favor to help me get started

BenZwebner

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ben Zwebner
Hi guys,

I just launched a new website to try to get some more income via ferry flying.

Even if you arent interested in moving an airplane, if you could just click on the link now and then it would help me improve my google rating and help my site gain some more exposure.

thanks!!!

http://www.theferrypilot.com/

Same here, good luck. I didn't notice meta tags in your source code. I'm not up on html but wouldn't meta tags help promote once you suggested the site to search engines?

Same here, good luck. I didn't notice meta tags in your source code. I'm not up on html but wouldn't meta tags help promote once you suggested the site to search engines?

Totally forgot about those.. I will add some now, thanks!!!

Google the term " google webmaster "

It is a set of google tools that will help evaluate your website and suggest changes that may or will improve it's search engine ranking..

Good luck with your site and your business..

Jon

Hey Ben, nice website...however, I think you would find that International Ferry Pilots are the only ones that charge $450 per day, if I am wrong I apoligize. Good Luck!!

I have to imagine that adwords for ferry pilot keywords are inexpensive. I'd throw $20 there instead of getting a few dozen clicks from here.

$0.02 :)

(I clicked anyway, it can't hurt)

Hey Ben, nice website...however, I think you would find that International Ferry Pilots are the only ones that charge $450 per day, if I am wrong I apoligize. Good Luck!!

I spoke to a few seasoned pilots at my airport to consult with them about how much to charge and 450 - 500 was the price range they gave me (these guys are also freinds of mine, they dont really ferry anything anymore but thats what they would charge)

I have to imagine that adwords for ferry pilot keywords are inexpensive. I'd throw $20 there instead of getting a few dozen clicks from here.

$0.02 :)

(I clicked anyway, it can't hurt)

Already set that up yesterday :)

Might I suggest more professional attire in those casual photos? Say, polo shirt and khakis?

I spoke to a few seasoned pilots at my airport to consult with them about how much to charge and 450 - 500 was the price range they gave me (these guys are also freinds of mine, they dont really ferry anything anymore but thats what they would charge)

...which is probably why they don't ferry anything any more. ;)

$150-$200/day plus expenses is pretty common for ferrying the average spam cans around.

Ben good luck with the venture! I like your site. It gives some good info. I can't comment on the prices but there are a few pilots on this board that Ferry or have including Tim Metzinger. Shoot him a PM. If you end up ferrying a plane through wings give me a shout. Better yet hope to see you at the flyBQ.

Ben -- how is someone clicking on your site going to improve your page rank?

You may find a few customers willing to pay 450-500 out east, but the going rate in the Midwest is 200 plus expenses.

Ben -- how is someone clicking on your site going to improve your page rank?

LOL, honestly, I have no clue. I am just repeating what worked for my Flight Training website. I dont know the science behind it but I managed to get my other wesbite in the top three for local business searches for flight schools. So I am just doing what I did last time.

After adding the meta tags in your html I'd go to yahoo and other search engines and look for the 'submit your site' link down the bottom. I know in yahoo you find it after typing anything in the search box and seeing the results.

I think for Google it's the 'add a result' link after a search.

Then follow the rules for submitting your site so any searches with your tags will come up with your site later.

Last edited:
LOL, honestly, I have no clue. I am just repeating what worked for my Flight Training website. I dont know the science behind it but I managed to get my other wesbite in the top three for local business searches for flight schools. So I am just doing what I did last time.
Users clicking on your link will not improve your Google pagerank. That said, the very posting of your URL on our forum *will* improve your pagerank as our pagerank is pretty strong.

Back