A different place to quarantine

She had seven negative tests in what sounds like a day or two? Then she got one positive. I wonder how she decided to believe the one instead of the seven. And the “sore throat” she developed could have been from jamming 7 swabs through her nose to the back of her throat. It turns out she was right, but she was right in a stopped clock kind of way.

I also wonder what’s meant by a doctor checking on her 3 times a day. Most likely someone followed her on TikTok and left comments like “looks like you’re doing well. . . .”

Looks to me like this woman has honest-to-goodness OCD — the kind that used to make it hard for the sufferer to stop washing her hands, not the pop culture cute kind, where she wants the books on her shelf arranged just so.

I see people walking around NY all the time who are double masked outdoors. I gave up trying to figure out the logic in that.
Winter? I've noticed a mask does feel kinda good sometimes when it's chilly out. Don't google frostbit nose and click on images. you've been warned

She had seven negative tests in what sounds like a day or two? Then she got one positive. I wonder how she decided to believe the one instead of the seven. And the “sore throat” she developed could have been from jamming 7 swabs through her nose to the back of her throat. It turns out she was right, but she was right in a stopped clock kind of way.

I also wonder what’s meant by a doctor checking on her 3 times a day. Most likely someone followed her on TikTok and left comments like “looks like you’re doing well. . . .”

Looks to me like this woman has honest-to-goodness OCD — the kind that used to make it hard for the sufferer to stop washing her hands, not the pop culture cute kind, where she wants the books on her shelf arranged just so.

Plus an hour and a half into flight with the dry air up there. Turns out she did have it because it was confirmed by iirc two more tests when she landed but it is unclear if she ever actually had symptoms. iirc she was double vaxxed with a booster, would have been a mild case anyway. Young, doesn’t look too obese. It’s unlikely three tests in a row would be false positive.

Turns out psychological disorders can be contagious too. There’s probably a huge uptick in OCD and social anxiety disorder right now.

It’s good to know that wearing masks on commercial flights prevents a crash, as implied in the headline to this article:

Flying Is Still the Safest Form of Travel—As Long as You Wear Your Mask

https://www.tripsavvy.com/wearing-a-mask-on-planes-safety-5082654

"no matter how extreme"?

hyperbole? I hope.
I can't see where someone else's precautions, "no matter how extreme," would cause me harm. On the other hand, someone else's lack of precautions certainly could. So I vax, and mask, and avoid. Doesn't hurt me, or anyone else.

I can't see where someone else's precautions, "no matter how extreme," would cause me harm. On the other hand, someone else's lack of precautions certainly could. So I vax, and mask, and avoid. Doesn't hurt me, or anyone else.
I don’t care what she does. I hope she extends the same courtesy to me.

Winter? I've noticed a mask does feel kinda good sometimes when it's chilly out. Don't google frostbit nose and click on images. you've been warned
It was in the 50s…

Back