A different Foreflight keyboard problem

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
This started a few months ago. I don't know if any FF or IOS upgrades were done at the time.

I noticed that I can now almost NEVER key in a destination or route correctly. I can not touch type on the ipad, so I look at the keyboard while typing, then look at what I typed, and it is almost always wrong, usually a missing letter. I don't have this problem on other apps.

The other day, I was paying particular attention and I see that when I type a letter, it displays some suggestions. Sometimes these suggestions take a fraction of a second or more to update. If I key a second letter in too quickly (and believe me, I am not a fast typist on the Ipad), it ignores the new letter and will accept the second letter. eg, If I try to type KOMN, it may come out as KMN. So I figure two back spaces and a new OMN will fix it, but now I get something like KMON. It has been driving me crazy till I figured it out. My temporary fix it to type one letter at a time, let FF catch up then type the next letter. That pretty much sucks. It is an Ipad Air 2 so it isn't the newest tech available, but it isn't a dog either.

I am thinking either FF of crApple did something that is causing this. But like I said, I am not having this problem with other apps. Is any one else experiencing anything similar?

This started a few months ago. I don't know if any FF or IOS upgrades were done at the time.

I noticed that I can now almost NEVER key in a destination or route correctly. I can not touch type on the ipad, so I look at the keyboard while typing, then look at what I typed, and it is almost always wrong, usually a missing letter. I don't have this problem on other apps.

The other day, I was paying particular attention and I see that when I type a letter, it displays some suggestions. Sometimes these suggestions take a fraction of a second or more to update. If I key a second letter in too quickly (and believe me, I am not a fast typist on the Ipad), it ignores the new letter and will accept the second letter. eg, If I try to type KOMN, it may come out as KMN. So I figure two back spaces and a new OMN will fix it, but now I get something like KMON. It has been driving me crazy till I figured it out. My temporary fix it to type one letter at a time, let FF catch up then type the next letter. That pretty much sucks. It is an Ipad Air 2 so it isn't the newest tech available, but it isn't a dog either.

I am thinking either FF of crApple did something that is causing this. But like I said, I am not having this problem with other apps. Is any one else experiencing anything similar?

I’ve noticed something like that when typing an airport in the ‘airports’ page. Not so much on the maps page when putting in a route. FF does seem to keep getting a little slower

The “new and improved” search bar in FF 10.

It looks up all sorts of things you’ll never need in a cockpit now.

The “new and improved” search bar in FF 10.

It looks up all sorts of things you’ll never need in a cockpit now.

Yep, foreflight ruined it. That "feature" alone has me pushed me close to jumping ship.

I frequently have the same keyboard problem but I too have no idea if it's a Foreflight problem or an Apple problem.

Seems to only happen in Foreflight though.

Samsung. A fraction of apple's price. More capable. Memory card slot.

Avare. Runs on android. Free.

Problem solved!! :eek: :D

Back