A Day To Remember Our War Dead, 2013

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Least we never forget.

The freedoms we have today were paid for in the blood of so many.

Please take time today and reflect on the supreme sacrifice made by these men and women without knowing you or your families. Tell your children, tell your grand children, the stories of bravery and courage we all know so that we can remain free.

So many young men and women died to young.... way to many.

Least we never forget.

Last edited:
Will never forget the sacrifice my fallen brothers and sisters gave for my and ALL of our freedom. Also, please give a moment of thought of the soldiers who still suffer from the scars of combat ( both visible and invisible) in silence. The job, we served was chosen by each of us. I would like to believe we would all would do that or another job if we were called to do so again. To everyone who served our country in one way or another, my greatest thanks and utmost respect.

Will never forget the sacrifice my fallen brothers and sisters gave for my and ALL of our freedom. Also, please give a moment of thought of the soldiers who still suffer from the scars of combat ( both visible and invisible) in silence. The job, we served was chosen by each of us. I would like to believe we would all would do that or another job if we were called to do so again. To everyone who served our country in one way or another, my greatest thanks and utmost respect.

Well said. :yes:

I woke up today to my beautiful wife and 3 yr old, in good health, roof over my head, do whatever I please, and plenty of hope for a better future for my family. I'm blessed because of the many that paid the ultimate sacrifice and never made it home, to whom we all owe a great debt. From the words of author Charles M. Province:

"It is the Soldier, not the reporter,
Who has given us Freedom of the Press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us Freedom of Speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer,
Who has given us the Freedom to demonstrate.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer,
Who has given us the right to a fair trial;
And it is the Soldier--who salutes the flag,
Who serves the flag, and
Whose coffin is draped by the flag--
Who allows the protester to burn the flag." - Charles M. Province

My bride and i just returned from a Memorial service for a kid in the neighborhood that died in Afghanistan, recently. He was, by all accounts, just a good kid, who loved to go to church camp, volunteer when the hurricans hit, courted the local girls and died so very young.

His parents were so transparently surprised to see hundreds of their neighbors, many they had never met, standing behind them as they eulogized their son. We laughed, shared stories, lowered our community flag to half mast, right at ten AM and cried like babies when the bag pipes played Amazing Grace.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, however, I am sick to death of burying our children for some middle eastern hell hole, where the people can't decide which side to support and which to kill. Between wiring bombs to babies and blowing up school buses, these third world ****holes should be left to rot, improve, decline, or disappear. I don't care.

GWB got us into is piece of **** war and obama hasn't done a thing to bring it to an end. Time to call it a war and let them go on killing one another, all they want.

When those ******* attack us, we need to kill a bunch, blow up their toys and tell them to vent their homosexual rage on someone else. It's time to to stop being servants to middle east wars and develop our own oil supplies, so they can play on without us caring enough to send our children to die, anymore.

Last edited:
Amen, FC. Amen.

My son is a 2nd LT in the Army now, and we live in fear that Obama the Idiot will get us into Syria next. My son, being 22 and hyped on testosterone and oorah, is hoping we jump in with both feet so he can get combat experience.

I suspect that I echo every parent for the last thousand years when I ask "When will the madness stop?"

There's a rancher near our new place on the road out here who has a series of signs, many made by the families of fallen soldiers, with their names, ranks, and dates.

The biggest sign says, "Hang a flag on the fence for our fallen heroes." His fenceline for 200-300 yards is covered with flags year-round of all sizes. He takes the torn ones down as needed and disposes of them properly.

The signs are all homemade, country-style with a board painted white and black painted lettering usually. He props the largest ones up with old vintage horse-drawn farm implements. Others have stakes pounded into the ground.

No matter the weather, it's always tended and kept neat and respectful.

-----

As far as Syria, Jay... The UN decided to lift the arms sanctions today while retaining all other sanctions. Wonder which arms peddler got them to do that? That will lead to no good.

They did it on a major U.S. holiday on purpose, I'm certain. Far less media coverage than usual. Similar to "take out the trash Friday" in U.S. politics.

(Although I've noticed a shift in that tactic. Instead of that, one sees the really bad news from politicians being released right on the heels of any other major news event being covered...

Say something like a marathon being bombed... There will be some really nasty dirt on "page 2" on the second day of coverage of such a large event, I've noticed... Keeps the number of available reporters to cover it and the number of eyeballs that will see it, way down. They're all watching the other coverage. Sleight of hand, tactics.)

Anyway... The UN blessed selling arms to Syria today. Not good IMHO.

Anyone see any good coming of that?

The UN ceased having a real role in world events when it became the plaything of muslims and terrorist nations. The US truly needs to kick their useless butts out of America.

Special Thanks To All Who Gave All For Us

Here's a great Spitfire (USA) Pilot story, on Youtube, enter: Spitfire 944

Back