A day in the life of internet pilots.

You could boost sponsorship if you started working Talia Lin* into the videos. Maybe gave a few folks some fake southern dialects. I mean, it's not like Texas is the real south.

*no relationship to Ginger and Amber Lynn

The anti gps/iPad/learned on loran crowd online. You’d think having more situational awareness would be a great thing, but, according to these types, you ain’t a real pilot if you are using it.

The anti gps/iPad/learned on loran crowd online. You’d think having more situational awareness would be a great thing, but, according to these types, you ain’t a real pilot if you are using it.

I think it's more like, "you ain't a real pilot if you can't fly without those things." I would agree with that. I also agree that additional situational awareness is always a great thing.

I want to ferry a plane myself from California to Hawaii. I only have a Sport Pilots license so I have to fly day VFR only. Can I put floats on the plane and use them as fuel bladders so I can land on the water at dusk and take off in the AM and pump fuel out of my bladders first?

The floats wouldn’t weigh as much as the gross weight increase they’ll give me so I can carry extra fuel. I could probably exceed the new gross weight because how can you ramp check an airplane if it’s on water, not tarmac?

Last edited:
Back