A curious case of an old DUI and going back to medical

C

curious77

Hello. Let me share my story. Circa 2002 I was caught for DUI, paid fine, my license was suspended for several months... In 2008 I applied for class 3 medical and promptly disclosed my past DUI without much details, no BAC, nothing besides the date and place. The medical was issued on the spot, no futher questions from FAA, nothing. 5 years later... same AME, PRNC, medical issued on the spot, no questions from FAA. Another 5 years passed, I went to BasicMed... No questions for the doctor about the past DUI. Another 4 years. Another BasicMed. Nobody seems to be interested at all about a 20 year old DUI. Life is good.

The question is what it would look like if i decide (or have to) go back to the faa medical assuming i report PRNC in the notorious 18v box? I went through my FAA medical file, they don't have any information about BAC or any details about the events, only the date and place which i reported. What are they going to do? Issue? Or request info? I still have some non-certified copied of the police paperwork showing BAC slightly less than 0.15 (blood drawn).

You should be able to be issued. At worst you are in Path C, find all the info and still get issued because the AME calls on your behalf.

They will issue. Prior to 2009 the rules were different. I would obtain the pilot copy of your your FAA medical record, if you aren't sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back