A Controller oops but no issues

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
With one runway out and the first chance for allot of us to get up in the air, the sky was crowded and the controller was busy. I called to let them know I was inbound and on the second call I heard:
"Hold on we are having a technical problem."
Followed by another voice saying
"Everyone stay where you are."
No doubt a supervisor was telling the controllers to stay where they are and hit the wrong broadcast button. I was going about 100 knots and did not think it a good idea to stop. I did pick p the tablet and get a good look at where all the other planes were. They got back on line real quick and all was good.

When I was in Saudi Arabia deployed to Prince Sultan Air Base the flies were a huge problem. We had a running contest to see who could kill the most flies in a shift. Since we had to have a witness we always killed with someone else close by. During a recovery, one of the controllers saw a fly on the scope, grabbed the flyswatter and leaned forward unaware that the transmit button was pushed and announced, "hey, watch me kill this F***er."

When I was in Saudi Arabia deployed to Prince Sultan Air Base the flies were a huge problem. We had a running contest to see who could kill the most flies in a shift. Since we had to have a witness we always killed with someone else close by. During a recovery, one of the controllers saw a fly on the scope, grabbed the flyswatter and leaned forward unaware that the transmit button was pushed and announced, "hey, watch me kill this F***er."

Seen similar happen a few times lol. FBO owner told me one Sun morning that I needed to tell the RAPCON boys no one cared what they did last night. Yep stuck mike.

I woulda had a response like........if I land, you better hope your last will and testament is up to date!

I was so glad when we moved to AUAB from PSAB. The Saudis always ****ed me off somehow.

Nothing like peeing in a porta-john in 130 degree heat. You disturb all the flies dining on the logs below and they fly up and make a bee line for your lips. Saudi Arabia sucked in so many ways.

Back