A comment on ...well, it's not censorship...but....

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
I saw this someplace else and thought this is what the essence should be:

You must respect and strive to maintain the frith of the community. We argue, fuss, and fight because there are folks here from a wide variety of backgrounds who disagree on just about everything. The only way it can work is if everyone agrees that having a space like this is worth-while and worth treating well. That can only happen if everyone respects each other, even when, or especially when they disagree.

And then...But what if I'm just a giant jackass who cannot behave?

Then prepare to have your bohiney handed to you by people who are smarter, quicker, and funnier than you.

And that would be a cool way to be...if only....

F.W. Birdman said:
I saw this someplace else and thought this is what the essence should be:

You must respect and strive to maintain the frith of the community. We argue, fuss, and fight because there are folks here from a wide variety of backgrounds who disagree on just about everything. The only way it can work is if everyone agrees that having a space like this is worth-while and worth treating well. That can only happen if everyone respects each other, even when, or especially when they disagree.
Excellent quote. Where did you find it?

Then prepare to have your bohiney handed to you by people who are smarter, quicker, and funnier than you.
Thats one possibility... Generally I find that when someone just can't behave, its best if they just go away. :)

Greebo said:

Thats one possibility... Generally I find that when someone just can't behave, its best if they just go away. :)

I concur.

If someone wanders into a bar and tries to start a fight, he gets thrown out of the bar. Either by the patrons or the bouncer.

Consider the reasons WHY you (the generic you - all of us) post what is being posted. If it's just to stir up trouble, it's probably not a good idea. If you are honestly trying to change people's minds and find that you're just stirring up trouble, then you aren't being effective. If someone admits that they've reconsidered their position (whether they actually change their mind or not), then you have been effective.

Greebo said:

Man Chuck, you are making me give up info.....I found it on a blog. "Tiny Cat Pants". Girl is a hoot. It gets boring at 4 in the morning and you know you aren't going to fly that day......

Back