A/C ads

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I read this in a 182 ad.

1808 engine time is high on 1500 TBO engine. It's going to have to be rebuilt or replaced before the ADS-B mandate at around $30,000.

What does he mean?

I suppose he means he expects an overhaul within the next 5 years. Not sure why he referenced the ADSB mandate but plenty of sellers seem to love including extraneous information in their ads.

It means, "I bought it cheap, flew the hours off of it, did the minimum of upkeep. And now I'm bailing out. Make an an offer and I'll hold out until I absolutely have to sell."

Engine is run out,I think he's trying to say you may be able to fly it for a few more years,before overhaul.

o-470's run a long time and not all are 1500 TBO.

He's saying he doesn't know what the f*** he's talking about. He's also doing potential buyers a favor by telling them up-front that he's a dumbass that should be avoided.

Actually I think all he's saying is that if you put the major items the airplane will need on a timeline, the engine and the ADS-B panel upgrade needed will fall close to each other on the calendar, meaning a larger capital outlay than without the ADS-B mandate in 2020.

He's basically saying "it needs both and they'll probably end up happening back to back, one way or another. Expect to poop $30K-$40K into this airplane in the next five years."

He's saying he doesn't know what the f*** he's talking about. He's also doing potential buyers a favor by telling them up-front that he's a dumbass that should be avoided.

Some times when the seller is a dumbass that is a good thing. But when a buyer is a dumbass they whine about it.

Actually I think all he's saying is that if you put the major items the airplane will need on a timeline, the engine and the ADS-B panel upgrade needed will fall close to each other on the calendar, meaning a larger capital outlay than without the ADS-B mandate in 2020.

He's basically saying "it needs both and they'll probably end up happening back to back, one way or another. Expect to poop $30K-$40K into this airplane in the next five years."

Actually that may be a good deal, this is a 65 C-182 with nice paint and interior, two mark 12s a glide sloop, with a marker beacon/audio panel, and a garmin 430 for $23k.

If he will answer his phone I think he has sold it.

Actually that may be a good deal, this is a 65 C-182 with nice paint and interior, two mark 12s a glide sloop, with a marker beacon/audio panel, and a garmin 430 for $23k.

If he will answer his phone I think he has sold it.

I didn't even look at the ad. That isn't a bad price at all, unless there's something really bad in the maintenance history. Even then.

I didn't even look at the ad. That isn't a bad price at all, unless there's something really bad in the maintenance history. Even then.

Ad is down, somebody knew a good deal :)

I read this in a 182 ad.

1808 engine time is high on 1500 TBO engine. It's going to have to be rebuilt or replaced before the ADS-B mandate at around $30,000.

What does he mean?

Maybe he is just being completely upfront. That's rare.

Maybe he is just being completely upfront. That's rare.
Or he's trying to anticipate low-ballers who claim his price is too high due to the plane needing an overhaul and ADS-B at the same time. He can claim that he's already applied whatever discount he thinks is required due to these factors.

Ron Wanttaja

Back