A buddy sent me this...

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Some cool Lindbergh footage, follow the instructions.

A definite Keeper!

Be sure to follow the on-screen directions, and ....... FULL SCREEN VIEWING IS RECOMMENDED

This might be one to put in your “save” file . . . . . Airplane stuff ! Win Perkins, a real estate appraiser who specializes in airport properties, has posted on his Website, a video he created of Charles Lindbergh's famous and risky takeoff in the "Spirit of St. Louis " on May 20,1927.

According to Perkins, this is unlike any other presentation of the takeoff footage. Perkins said he "painstakingly assembled news footage from five cameras that filmed Lindbergh's takeoff from Roosevelt Field, Long Island "and mixed it with enhanced audio from the same newsreel sources."

When you click on the address link below, episode #4 comes up ready to play; first you should click "Contact"
to the left and select #1, then watch the episodes in order, #1 through #4
(each time closing the video window at the upper right, going back to "Contact" and selecting the next one).
Speakers on!

http://www.airportappraisals.com/

Excellent! The exact opposite of fame in today's world.

Totally wreckless, don't believe me try an equivlantly risky stunt today and see what the kinder gentler world says

Did he have an IFR clearance?

I believe that he did have to get a special permission to fly this route without navigation lights. The FAA was then called Commerce for Aeronautics.

The real question is... did he file a flight plan?

Nice video. Thanks.

-Rich

Cool video!

The field is now a very nice shopping mall (2nd largest in the state).
I have to show this to my wife, since she often drag me there to shop,lol.

Back