A bittersweet Saturday

retailguy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
retailguy
We sold our 172... It left for Louisiana yesterday about 3PM. We'd had it for sale for about six months. The old adage is true, it just takes one interested customer for a deal.

It was a great plane, and probably the nicest square tail around. But the girls are now teenagers and getting them in forced only 25 gallons of fuel and allowed for no baggage. 3 women with no bags? Yeah, that's just a small problem.:rofl:

So we had a few day trips, but had to rent when we went anywhere. Wonderful plane, but no longer the right one for the mission we had.

Hopefully, when I get my medical back we can shop for a nice 182! Maybe another square tail! We loved that.

If I don't get my medical back then, well, I guess we'll be starting another chapter of life and looking LSA.

Things change, don't they?:yes:

I've heard there's a really nice Pathfinder for sale that would meet your mission!

I've heard there's a really nice Pathfinder for sale that would meet your mission!

Yup. But, my partner wants a Cessna, he's already got a Bonanza (that i can't afford), and I don't have a medical yet.

But, if I get the medical back, I'll probably be talking to Jay. I know the plane has been well cared for, and how often can you be assured of that these days?

Yup. But, my partner wants a Cessna, he's already got a Bonanza (that i can't afford), and I don't have a medical yet.

But, if I get the medical back, I'll probably be talking to Jay. I know the plane has been well cared for, and how often can you be assured of that these days?

Sounds great! :D

So what's the timeline on the medical?

Once you've flown the Pathfinder you'll not be happy with a Skylane.

The Pathfinder has a bigger useful load, is faster, handles x-winds better, longer range, no CG concerns, lower panel height.

And, of course, no girly high-wing. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3...

If I don't get my medical back then, well, I guess we'll be starting another chapter of life and looking LSA.

Make sure you know you're going to at least get it, if you actually fail the medical you will not be eligible to fly LSA until you can clear that and qualify for a 3rd class again.

Once you've flown the Pathfinder you'll not be happy with a Skylane.

The Pathfinder has a bigger useful load, is faster, handles x-winds better, longer range, no CG concerns, lower panel height.

And, of course, no girly high-wing. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3...

Never flown a Pathfinder, but have flown an older 235. I was grateful I didn't have to sit in the back seat.:D I know that

I don't know if he could be talked out of a 182, but we'll see.

Make sure you know you're going to at least get it, if you actually fail the medical you will not be eligible to fly LSA until you can clear that and qualify for a 3rd class again.

Yes, we have a plan to be evaluated before submission. Thanks for this. Last thing I need is ANOTHER surprise. Going through this, I understand why some folks go postal. It is absolutely insane.

Never flown a Pathfinder, but have flown an older 235. I was grateful I didn't have to sit in the back seat.:D I know that

I don't know if he could be talked out of a 182, but we'll see.

The short-bodied, pre-1973 Cherokee 235s have (IMHO) a backseat that is unsuitable for adults.

Ours is a '74 model, and has the coveted 5" fuselage extension. Bacause of this, the back seat is extremely comfortable. :D

Back