A Big Thanks!

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Loved the rules of conduct. Thank you for providing the leadership which we were unable to convince the AOPA mgmt. was needed on the WB. It's been several months of frustration, nice to look forward to the computer again!
It may be a rocky road ahead for you, but you have our full support and encouragement. Let the flying talk begin; a wish for success to the organizers.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Loved the rules of conduct. Thank you for providing the leadership which we were unable to convince the AOPA mgmt. was needed on the WB. It's been several months of frustration, nice to look forward to the computer again!
It may be a rocky road ahead for you, but you have our full support and encouragement. Let the flying talk begin; a wish for success to the organizers.

Big double dittos! Thanks, you guys.

Let'sgoflying! said:

Well said Dave. a BIG thanks to Chuck and Chip and Brian and everyone else who helped put this together!

More thanks here...

I know that this is liable to turn into more work (and headaches) than the team originally bargained for. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

Dan

This is great. Thanks guys for going to the work of providing it.

Wow. This is a very big turnout for 'pre release'. Word of mouth has gotten out, I see! No stopping it now I guess. ;)

On behalf of the entire management team, thanks very much! :)

One quick (or rather, long winded) note about other forums. It isn't our intention to replace anyone or to detract or demean any other sites out there.

While it's true that we began discussion of the establishment of this site initially due to concern that AOPA would be closing its forum, it quickly became clear that there was a void on the net when it came to online pilot communities. Not that there aren't other forums - but each one has technical challenges or community issues - and it was clear that there was a large number of pilots out there who wanted a forum that was easy to use, reliable, and had a clear code of conduct - not to restrict speech, but to keep discussion of even the most potentially charged topics on an even, civil, and friendly tone..

So we decided to proceed, and have been very fortunate to be able to put together a management team of the highest caliber. We're still ironing out some of our policies and plans - but I can say without hesitation that we are clear and united on the goal to create an Aviation Community which encourages and welcomes all equally to a friendly, helpful, informative environment.

We've been working for the last couple of weeks to get this site ready for our public debut, and we're almost there! We welcome your feedback, suggestions and critiques to help us be ready for that 'grand unveiling'. In the meantime, please make sure your doors are closed and locked, your seat belts secure, and that your pre-flight checklists are complete. It's going to be a fun ride! :)

Chuck "Greebo" Haeberle
On Behalf of the Pilots of America Management Team

Chuck,

Is there some way to show real names rather than login IDs on the message displays? Some of us use a different login ID than our names.... and I'd rather address people by name if I can...

Thanks for the good work.

bill

Bill,

I might be able to add a First and Last name fields to your user profiles and display those with the emphasis, with your user id (which is your unique identifier here and verifies you are the user you say you are) in a less prominent position. Something like:

Bill Suffa
(User: wsuffa)

Perhaps?

Greebo said:
Bill,

I might be able to add a First and Last name fields to your user profiles and display those with the emphasis, with your user id (which is your unique identifier here and verifies you are the user you say you are) in a less prominent position. Something like:

Bill Suffa
(User: wsuffa)

Perhaps?

Exactly.

:)

Thanks....

Good to be back on an aviation board again! Thanks for providing this refreshing opportunity. BillM.

Thanks for the opportunity to have civil discussions rather than just a free-for-all.

Hey Let'sgoflying!,

Is that a Commander breaking the speed of sound in your avatar? :eek:

IIRC the Bellanca airplanes are excellent planes for their market value - which is somewhat depressed because they are cloth skins and require more maintenance and failure to hangar them will result in mob lynching by the other Bellanca owners. :)

Thanks a bunch Chuck and team! It's nice to have a place I can (safely) browse at work.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Last edited:
We know what your opinion of yourself is, but what's the plane you're standing in front of?

:-D :-D :-D

Chuck and all...
This is truly a wonderful surprise! Thank you for stepping up to the plate and providing what so many of us have been longing for... an open forum with reasonable rules and civil, articulate folks who love aviation.

I don't have a clue what it could be costing you (in dollars and cents, not in the hours you've invested). I would be more than willing to make a donation to help defray some of your expenses... just give the word.

From here, it looks CAVU to me! :cool:
Don McGilvray
N741DM
Spokane Felts Field

Thanks guys for putting this together.

I look forward to this becoming a great place to visit and keeping old friends and making new ones.

Thanks again

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved this site to the top of my favorites list, Thanks for the great work.

NC19143 said:

HEY THERE, TOM! Good to see you, buddy. :D

Excellent, Tom, glad you found the site. Look forward to picking your brain again on mechanical stuff!

Can you get the ol Fairchild logo to work as an avatar? Been missing it!

Don
N741DM
Spokane WA (KSFF)

Tom, there are many here who welcome your commentary. Welcome... :)))
Bruce Chien

Last edited:
NC19143 said:

Tom, Where's the Fairchild logo? Or better yet, a picture of the F-24.

Back