99's Compass Rose

Some great pictures in there. And I love how you were able to volunteer by taking pictures instead of painting! :)

When I read about that program I wondered, do they align them with a master compass, or are they painting over faded markings?

When I read about that program I wondered, do they align them with a master compass, or are they painting over faded markings?
One of the first steps is for the airport manager to get a surveyor out there to mark out magnetic north.

Great work Brook...I have always admired your eye for a great picture...

One of the first steps is for the airport manager to get a surveyor out there to mark out magnetic north.

Great, nice to know we are getting some current ones put in...seems like all the ones I run across are...10º out of date.

I helped paint the 99's Compass Rose at KFTG, Front Range, Watkins, CO when I was based there. The rumor that the 99's is named after the average age of its members is certainly exagerated.......by a year or two. :)

I helped paint the 99's Compass Rose at KFTG, Front Range, Watkins, CO when I was based there. The rumor that the 99's is named after the average age of its members is certainly exagerated.......by a year or two. :)

Ummm... Better be careful! A number of 99's here who are nowhere near that age! :)

I DID PAINT!!!!! I just took more pictures than I painted. :goofy:
LOL. Looks like a fun project and beautiful day for it. Did you use official Tarheel Blue paint colors?

That looks like a super nice one but you need an aerial shot.

I bet you could get a real good one from a parachute jump! Try to keep your feet out of the picture, though. :wink2:

I think I was there...

LOL. Looks like a fun project and beautiful day for it. Did you use official Tarheel Blue paint colors?

I bet you could get a real good one from a parachute jump! Try to keep your feet out of the picture, though. :wink2:

Hah hah hah.....NO!!!!! It was handicap blue colored paint. ;)

Yeah....I need to see if a videographer could do that for us. I think there is an aerial photo floating around out there somewhere. If I can find it...I will post it.

As blue and white footprints show the direction the expert jumper took from the freshly painted rose...

Back