91.411 Check

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
I'm planning a Dynon HDX installation in my Cardinal and am curious as to how the check is done every two years. The static line will go into the Dynon ADAHRS box and the backup PFD (D10A). On my airplane the back side of the static ports are inaccessible without removing a lot of interior plastic, so that isn't an option. Do I need to plan my installation to make the ADAHRS and D10A easily accessible?

That depends. Some shops hook directly to the static ports and pitot tube and test that way. Others connect directly to the item they are testing. If you are using the Dynon-supplied mounting plate, then the ADAHRS should be very easily accessible by removing the screen. Depending on where you mount the D10A, you may also be able to connect to that through that hole. If not, then plan a T or a Y connection that connects the ADAHRS and the D10A where it can be accessed either through the EFIS hole or under the panel so they can connect there and test both from that point.

I think an accessible T between the ADAHRS and D10A would be the best solution. I do plan on using the 10" mounting plate but really don't want to have to pull the screen any more than necessary. Good suggestion Jesse, thank you.

That depends. Some shops hook directly to the static ports and pitot tube and test that way. Others connect directly to the item they are testing. If you are using the Dynon-supplied mounting plate, then the ADAHRS should be very easily accessible by removing the screen. Depending on where you mount the D10A, you may also be able to connect to that through that hole. If not, then plan a T or a Y connection that connects the ADAHRS and the D10A where it can be accessed either through the EFIS hole or under the panel so they can connect there and test both from that point.

Back