9/11 SAR dog dies of cancer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726/ap_on_re_us/attacks_rescue_dog

After over half a decade of SAR work, including 9/11 and Katrina, Jake has passed on. Here's to you buddy.

Thanks for posting that William. That story provides a stark contrast to the Vicks story. The idea that anyone can treat an animal the way that Vicks did just sickens me. But Jake truly was "man's best friend". As for myself I love dogs. I have a Goldie and a Huskie. Both are the sweetest dogs and I love then dearly.

Thanks for posting that William. That story provides a stark contrast to the Vicks story. The idea that anyone can treat an animal the way that Vicks did just sickens me. But Jake truly was "man's best friend". As for myself I love dogs. I have a Goldie and a Huskie. Both are the sweetest dogs and I love then dearly.

The story brought a few tears to my eyes (thank goodness for the privacy of an office) because I couldn't help but think about the part lab, part chow I grew up with which had to be put down because of hip dysplasia. Sigh..

The story brought a few tears to my eyes (thank goodness for the privacy of an office) because I couldn't help but think about the part lab, part chow I grew up with which had to be put down because of hip dysplasia. Sigh..

I had to put down my first dog (shepard) because of her hips. It brought more than a few tears. My current dog (going on 15) is showing her age and I pray she goes in her sleep. She is part of our family and loved by all of us.

Back