8500-8 Question

DrMack

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DrMack
Item 13. Has Your FAA Airman Medical Certificate Ever Been Denied, Suspended, or Revoked?

Is a "YES" required for any disqualifying condition that results in self-grounding even if an SI later follows, thus allowing the airman to resume exercising the privileges of his/her license?

Self grounding doesn't result in a YES.
Most SI stuff goes by the way of a deferral which is a "we don't know if you meet the requirements, please send us more information." Until they actually tell you that your certificate is no good and send it back, I don't think #13 applies.

I don't believe so, a deferral is not a denial. If you got an SI, you weren't denied. And self-grounding isn't the same as getting a suspension.

My guess is that unless you got a letter with the word denial, suspension, or revocation, you're good to go.

I don't believe so, a deferral is not a denial. If you got an SI, you weren't denied. And self-grounding isn't the same as getting a suspension.

My guess is that unless you got a letter with the word denial, suspension, or revocation, you're good to go.
The feds changed the wording on LSA DL eligbility to specifically say that if you were deferred (e.g, not issued) at your last exam you cannot fly on your DL until that has been resolved.

Self grounding doesn't count.
You'll know if you're denied. The letter says so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back