85 Degrees in Munich !

Yeah a Radler is a good cool down drink. Then it's on to a Salvatore and a Pigs knuckle !

Bayern is a pretty area. Been to Manching airport just north of Munich before. Good aviation museum and got to see Typhoons being assembled.

Art, you been to Flugwerft Schleißheim (aviation branch of Deutsches Museum) yet? S1 to Oberschleißheim, then 10-minute walk.
That's on my list - I've got to go on a day that's not a Sunday though. Possibly next month.

Drink one of the Weizenbier that are available!!! :drool: Radler is good, but man - you are in Bavaria!

I went to school in Munich. Good memories.

Drink one of the Weizenbier that are available!!! :drool: Radler is good, but man - you are in Bavaria!

Try a Russischer. That's like a Radler (50% lemon/lime soda), but mixed with Weissbier instead of Lager for the other 50%.

I just got back from Munich (and Berlin, and Lubeck, and Amsterdam). It was hotter in Munich than it was in Florida when I left, but Florida was hotter when I got back (last night).
Did you see the Rathaus-Glockenspiel?

Im amazed Radler hasn't migrated to the states, its quite good. I was in Bayern outside of Munich in a bath town. Radler was Weisbier and a splash of sprite. Russin was a Helles and splash of Coke.

Helles and Coke is 'Diesel'.
Helles and lemon soda is 'Radler' (bicyclist)
Weizen and lemon soda is 'Russ' (russian)

That's on my list - I've got to go on a day that's not a Sunday though. Possibly next month.
Many terrific displays there. Plus, while the main Deutsches Museum building downtown is under renovation, all of the aircraft that had been displayed there (except the Ju.52, I believe) have been moved to Flugwerft.

Also take a moment to explore the colorful Schleißheim palaces very close by.

Haha - Radler is Pils / Helles + Sprite for me... You have to be very careful when you order because in other regions Radler is Puls / Helles + Fanta. If you are in the Cologne area Diesel is Alt + Coke! I learnt the hard way to always specify exactly which combination I want. :oops:

If you ever have the opportunity try Weizenbier with either banana or cherry juice. I love it. :)

Art, you been to Flugwerft Schleißheim (aviation branch of Deutsches Museum) yet? S1 to Oberschleißheim, then 10-minute walk.

This place was AMAZING!!! Was there 10 years ago and loved it. Took a glider flight there too. The technical museum in Munich had a great collection of aviation stuff as well. Loved Munich. Want to go back badly. I still dream about Schweinhaxen mit Knodel and Doner sammiches.

Just got back from Italy and it was 90-100 every day. Heard it is hot all the way up to Scottland.

Love München. Nice architecture, good food, good beer, good looking girls ... pretty much whatever you'd expect from the old continent.
Enjoy your stay and stop complaining about 85F.
We're at 100 again today, yay!

Back