For Sale '78 Navajo Chieftain Panther II SOLD SOLD SOLD!! CHASE AVIATION SELLS IT IN 3 MONTHS!!

Maximus623

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
It's only illegal if you get Caught!
Airframe

Total Time: 8890 TTSN

Engine(s) Lycoming

Left Engine Right Engine

Serial Number: TIO-540 TIO-540

TSOH: 705 705

Propeller

Left Prop Right Prop

Overhauled: 500 500

Additional Features
Panther II Conversion
4 Bladed Q-tipped Props
Like New Boots
Weather radar in addition to ADS-B radar
Brand new air-conditioning with new plumbing
New exterior LED high output lights on everything - nav, wings, landing, taxi etc
STC nose gear quick disconnect

Avionics
Aspen EFD 1000 C3 P/N 920-0003-017
Aspen EA100 Artificial Horizon Replacement
Aspen EA 100 Autopilot Adapter
EFIS System
Garmin GTN 750 touch screen with integrated Garmin audio panel with Bluetooth and stereo
Garmin 430W
Garmin GTX 345 transponder with full ADS-B in and out with new high end cables
Shadin fuel computer

Interior
The interior is in excellent condition and maintained meticulously rated 9/10

Exterior
The exterior is in excellent condition and the paint is rated 9/10

Attachments

• Exterior.jpg
    Exterior.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 96
You forgot your price, you don’t want to be paid for it right?

Also what were the dates for the overhauls and hoses and stuff, is this a 91 plane or could she easily get on a 135 cert?

General question about the Piper Navajo.....

When they were being designed and produced, what segment of the market were they targeting?

When they were being designed and produced, what segment of the market were they targeting?
I always kind of wondered that. Most not pressurized. But size wise are cabin class twin.

The Classifieds forum is for the posting of items or services for sale or rent and requests for charitable donations. No illegal items or services may be posted in this or any forum. POA reserves the right to delete any posting that is distasteful. Pilots of America does not, endorse, warrant or guarantee any item or service being offered for sale or rent and offers no opinion on the authenticity, safety or warranty for a particular purpose of any item or service being offered.

Participants who are selling items must comply with the following rules:
  • Posts offering items or services for sale must include an asking price.
  • If the item or service is being offered by a commercial concern (i.e., this is your business), the full name of the business and location must be included.
  • Non-aviation items may be listed, as long as the thread's title starts with "[NA]" to clearly mark the listing as "Non-Aviation". For example, "[NA] 1969 Ford Mustang"
  • All Participants for whom a classified post is their first post must include the location of the service being offered or item being sold as well as their name and the name of their business (if any).
  • Once an item is sold the Participant must make a post stating the item has sold.
  • Participants may not use the Classified or any other forum for false testimonials. This means that if you are the seller or manufacturer of an item or have any association with the seller or manufacturer of an item you must disclose this fact and may not post a testimonial or a post encouraging others to “ check it out” without such a disclosure.
So I'm guessing the price is $0

• Posts offering items or services for sale must include an asking price.....
So I'm guessing the price is $0

I'll take it. Sold. Ummmm... does it include transition training?

The Navajo was Piper's step up airplane from the Aztec in the regional charter market. Still a lot of them in service on short haul passenger and freight flights into communities too small to support the current crop of turboprops such as the Q400, or the single engine Caravans. The Piper Cheyenne was the twin turboprop, pressurized step up from the Navajo back when they were both being manufactured.

Similar to my Aztec, we have a few Navajos at my airport that are now private, personal airplanes. They are a lot of airplane for the money. But the pressurized Cessna 340 and 414 are more popular in that personal transportation segment for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Back