Geico I climb really fast to cooler temps. Well as fast as a 172 will climb.
Beside its a dry heat.

Dry heat!? :rofl:

I have landed at Gilbert & Stellar many times. We love the restaurant at Gilbert! Will be down there a few times this winter. Love flying in "dry heat". :rofl:

Last edited:
Beside its a dry heat.

Inside my oven is a dry heat, very reminiscent of Tuscon in the summer. Neither is my idea of fun.

Down South, we have humid heat! But at 9000' it is quite cool (59°), and even tolerable around 6000' although the sweat dries a little slower.

I notice the view count sky rocketed. What gives

Everyone loves a period. Or someone is manipulating the view count. I think the likely suspect may be among this group, though there are others that could also be included:

clue_suspects_cards_dark_background.jpg

jesse-a.jpg

Beside its a dry heat.

I departed Phoenix (PHX) one day and the controller asked me what altitude I wanted. I replied 65 degrees.

He was slightly amused, but requested an altitude he could identify better....

It may be dry heat there, but a person will burst into flames from the heat. At least it will be dry flames...:lol:

I was born and raised in southeast Texas. In summer the clothes are soaked through with sweat by 8am, and that is just while driving to work. :lol:

Beside its a dry heat.

I grew up in the Phoenix area and can remember people saying that when it was 120F in July. Used to annoy the hell out of me.

Then I spent a summer in Oklahoma City with a high of 96 and 98% humidity.

I'll take a Phoenix summer any day over that crap.

Kuwait has been the worst place I've been though. Phoenix temps with Gulf of Mexico humidity. Hell on earth.

Beside its a dry heat.

Everyone loves a period. Or someone is manipulating the view count. I think the likely suspect may be among this group, though there are others that could also be included:

I don't love periods atleast one week out of the month.

Hottest drive of my life was through KS and eastern CO in August on I-70, probably '80? In a car with no A/C and vent windows. I had to decide if it was better to leave the windows rolled up and bake in a regular oven, or rolled down and bake in a convection oven. I decided to roll them down, then flipped the vent windows around so they would deflect as much air as possible inside the car. That worked out OK until I drove through a swarm of grasshoppers. They were deflected inside and hit me square in the chest at 70 mph, they actually left welts.

Hottest drive of my life was through KS and eastern CO in August on I-70, probably '80? In a car with no A/C and vent windows. I had to decide if it was better to leave the windows rolled up and bake in a regular oven, or rolled down and bake in a convection oven. I decided to roll them down, then flipped the vent windows around so they would deflect as much air as possible inside the car. That worked out OK until I drove through a swarm of grasshoppers. They were deflected inside and hit me square in the chest at 70 mph, they actually left welts.

1980 or 80 degrees?

Kuwait has been the worst place I've been though. Phoenix temps with Gulf of Mexico humidity. Hell on earth.

That, is nature's way of telling us that we should get out and stay out of that area of the world. Seriously, Americans need to get out and stay out of the Middle East.

Back