77 Cheetah

"T-5A"

I get it.

Agreed, the price is a bit much, but it's a lot of plane, and very tasty.

What is the useful load on one of those?

The AAx family of planes are not the type that you want to trifle with the loading limits. With 3 hours of gas plus reserve, they are a 3 person plane, and you will not be climbing quickly on a warm day.

Actually this aircraft is 810 usefull load, I was doing a poor job of multi tasking.

Actually this aircraft is 810 usefull load,
That's more like it.

And to be honest, I do know of three Cheetahs which weigh up around 1500 lb empty, but they all have 260HP IO-540 engines, Tiger spars, and 2400 lb MGW's on the late Fred Kokaska's "Sabertooth" STC.

Last edited:
The AAx family of planes are not the type that you want to trifle with the loading limits. With 3 hours of gas plus reserve, they are a 3 person plane, and you will not be climbing quickly on a warm day.

Agreed. Do not overload this plane. :nono:

definitely a cool-looking plane

Nice Cheetah! Love Grummans and if I was in the market for a Cheetah I'd look hard at yours. Used to have a Traveler myself. I plan on doing a military paint scheme on my Glasair in the future.

I'm slow. What's the hidden meaning of "T-5a"?

The Cheetah's official designation is AA-5A. Since this is a military paint scheme and trainers are designated with a "T", it's only natural to call this aircraft a T-5A.

Back