767/757 requal?

Tlkmap

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Todd
Hello,

I’m new to this forum and thought someone might be able to answer a question.
I have an opportunity to ferry 767s under Part 91 so I would like to be requaled.
I am type rated in the B-767 but have not had a PC in it for over 5 years (59 mo+). Pan Am academy is telling me that I need to take a course, that they are not approved for, and is basically a type rating course costing roughly $16k. Other schools are saying that all that is required is a PC, as stated in FAR Part 61.58. I am currently qualified in the B-787 (last PC in August 2021) which I believe fulfills the 12 month portion of part 61.58.

Thanks

PIC or SIC?

PIC, you are going to need a 61.58 in the 757/767 since it is a different type than the 777/787 and it has been over 24 months since your last one. You can alternate 61.58's between two types but the oldest one expires after 24mo plus you need a 61.58 within the last 12mo in something. Most schools for corporate aircraft require you to do a full initial course if you have been out of that airplane for X amount of time. I believe most of them use 5 years but not sure.

SIC, you just need 3 bounces and a refresher on emergencies.

The above is for part 91. I believe the 767 is going to be under part 125 so you might want to read its requirements, I never have.

Plano Pilot,

Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought.
I think that Pan Am Academy’s POI is not allowing them to provide a PC if you have not had experience in over 59 months. What they told me is that, if you have had experience within 24 months their PC course was applicable. If you have had experience within 36-59 months, then they have a different course. If no experience in 59+ months, another course was required, and they did not have authorization to do that yet.

Plano Pilot,

Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought.
I think that Pan Am Academy’s POI is not allowing them to provide a PC if you have not had experience in over 59 months. What they told me is that, if you have had experience within 24 months their PC course was applicable. If you have had experience within 36-59 months, then they have a different course. If no experience in 59+ months, another course was required, and they did not have authorization to do that yet.
Those time frames are pretty typical for 142 programs.

Back