$75 - Helicopter Lesson w/Hands-on Flight Time, Reg. $150

any good pusher will either discount it or give it away to get you hooked ;)

Cheaper to take up crack cocaine cause you'll want a Jet Ranger like me after getting a taste.

thanks for posting. I'm going to see if that will be my father's day gift.:thumbsup:

Cheaper to take up crack cocaine cause you'll want a Jet Ranger like me after getting a taste.

Well, they cannot give helicopter instruction within 1000' of a school so I guess the children are safe. LOL.

I'm in GA, but I put it on my facebook for friends up there to see. Good deal, though.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Jet Ranger, huh? I'm dying of envy here. Even an R22 is a blast, so I can't imagine being you for 24 hours.

Jet Ranger, huh? I'm dying of envy here. Even an R22 is a blast, so I can't imagine being you for 24 hours.

My mechanic, Danny, just got his heli add-on. He got the use of a Schweizer free in exchange for containerizing it for shipment to S. America. Saw him on Sat - he used the same instructor for the add-on that did my tw. Danny was like, "Oh man, you will never want to fly fixed wing again."

Just got the Miami TravelZoo offer. They must think it's Fathers' Day in Denver but Mothers' Day in Miami. :sad:

$99 - Hilton Bentley: Massage & Amenity Access, Reg. $230
This deal includes a 60-minute aromatherapy massage and 15-minute Ayurvedic holistic facelift massage.

Where is my friggin' helicopter ride?!?

Last edited:

Didn't mean to confuse. I want a Jet Ranger, don't have one. After some helo time, i sure wish I did have a Bell.

I am learning on a Schweizer 300 at $350 an hour + $65 instructor time. Yeah, it is a good deal EXCEPT you will love it and want more! My demo flight was in a R22 leftseat. 16 hours later.....
PS: Anyone want a Warrior II cheap? Trade for a Bell 47?

Like giving away free drugs, I suppose. That's how I got kooked on flying. A CFI who worked in the same engineering department as I offered to give me free lessons if I paid for the plane rental. Then he did some research and found a good instructor for me.

I was inducted into a cult where we all had to wear the same clothes, cut our hair and do other strange rituals, but they let me fly cool helicopters almost everyday for 20 years. It was worth it. This deal sounds fun for anyone interested.

I was inducted into a cult where we all had to wear the same clothes, cut our hair and do other strange rituals, but they let me fly cool helicopters almost everyday for 20 years. It was worth it. This deal sounds fun for anyone interested.

I think when I posted it there were 23 bought, now it is 213. Wonder if POA played any part in that. LOL.

That's not actually that fantastic.

For example, my school will give you an intro flight with some hands-on instruction (straight and level and some hover work mostly) for $100 and an hour of ground is $50.

I know there is a cost difference between 22s and 300s but it can't be that much.

That's not actually that fantastic.

For example, my school will give you an intro flight with some hands-on instruction (straight and level and some hover work mostly) for $100 and an hour of ground is $50.

I know there is a cost difference between 22s and 300s but it can't be that much.

So you would be about $125 for what is offered here? $75 is a good price, IMO. Certainly cheaper than $125. Since dual in a heli starts near $300, no way this is not a good deal.

So you would be about $125 for what is offered here? $75 is a good price, IMO. Certainly cheaper than $125. Since dual in a heli starts near $300, no way this is not a good deal.

No, an hour long intro flight for $100. Let's make no mistake, that's what this is. That's $150 for an hour flight and an hour of ground. So we're comparing $75 for a half hour of flight and ground vs $150 for an hour of flight and ground. It's not exactly a deal if it's exact same as the going rate. Like I said though, this is for a 22 and not a 300.

No, an hour long intro flight for $100. Let's make no mistake, that's what this is. That's $150 for an hour flight and an hour of ground. So we're comparing $75 for a half hour of flight and ground vs $150 for an hour of flight and ground. It's not exactly a deal if it's exact same as the going rate. Like I said though, this is for a 22 and not a 300.

Well, $100 for an hour is certainly a very good deal and I would jump on it if it were offered my area. I never see a price like that myself.

Hmm. Wilde. Interesting.

Dying destitute of cerebral meningitis at 46 after allowing myself to have so little self-control that I try to put my lover's dad in prison, and the backlash ends me up in a hard labor prison, twice... wasn't really in my plans...

Think I'll stick with not allowing temptation to get the better of me. ;)

Seriously though, it'd be a significant challenge and achievement to pursue helicopter ratings, but the operating costs of those machines are just too high to get sucked into paying to fly in them, for a recreational aviator, anyway.

My opinion anyway...

Some people have the whirlybird bug. More power to 'em! ;)

Hmm. Wilde. Interesting.

Dying destitute of cerebral meningitis at 46 after allowing myself to have so little self-control that I try to put my lover's dad in prison, and the backlash ends me up in a hard labor prison, twice... wasn't really in my plans...

Think I'll stick with not allowing temptation to get the better of me. ;)

Seriously though, it'd be a significant challenge and achievement to pursue helicopter ratings, but the operating costs of those machines are just too high to get sucked into paying to fly in them, for a recreational aviator, anyway.

My opinion anyway...

Some people have the whirlybird bug. More power to 'em! ;)

Yes, Wilde had "issues". That line is tongue-in-cheek. At least from my end, and I suspect Wilde was well aware of his flaws and of the flawed logic in that line.

I always just find the real history of the people behind heavily-used or "famous" quotations to be enlightening and entertaining. Some of the people we regularly quote from history were absolute nut-jobs. ;)

Back