747 Major Redesign Coming

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
Amazing new redesign for the 747 for the 21st Century!

A bold strategic move, recalibrating to align with emerging trends...

Calhoun….another bean counter. Guess there will never be another engineer at the top.

So tell me, how will this redesign differ from the 737 redesign that became the 737max?

asks a former Boeing employee.

Interesting video. But I cannot find any info outside of the one link you provided.

I'm subscribing to the YouTube channel. The inside information this guy is exposing will change commercial aviation!

(Don't believe everything you find on the internet.)

pure clickbait. It’s never going to happen

Wow. YT guy quotes the Boeing and Airbus CEOs as saying their new planes "will DESTROY the aviation industry". But only one of the CEO refers to his new plane as "insane", so I'm betting on that one.

1694008103214.png 1694008122391.png

Every time I see a YT video title with THIS TYPE!!! of formatting, the needle on my clickbait indicator jumps.

Agree on the clock bait, but there is at least one customer with deep pockets who is interested in a next generation 747.

There was a very interesting video where the guy was doing pure speculation; and said so. He said Emirates really needs the next replacement for the A380 and an upgraded twin engine version of the 747 fits the requirements. In his opinion, Emirates is the only airline which has the specific business requirements for a larger plane due to limited slots for T&L where they fly.
To back up the concept, he discussed a pretty cool "UltraFan" (I think that was the name) for a new super sized engine which Rolls Royce is developing. Rolls Royce has stated they are developing the technology and will put it on the shelf until a customer requires it. The reason for the speculation was because RR changed the program over the years to make the engine larger, and required RR to build a whole new testing center (which is very expensive).

Tim

This is the same YouTube channel that claimed Boeing would be bringing back the 727.

As I pointed out there:

The channel that posted this seems to have nothing but improbable videos about the airline industry, all posted within the past month or so. Did you know that Airbus is shutting down? ;)

There was a very interesting video where the guy was doing pure speculation; and said so. He said Emirates really needs the next replacement for the A380 and an upgraded twin engine version of the 747 fits the requirements. In his opinion, Emirates is the only airline which has the specific business requirements for a larger plane due to limited slots for T&L where they fly.
To back up the concept, he discussed a pretty cool "UltraFan" (I think that was the name) for a new super sized engine which Rolls Royce is developing. Rolls Royce has stated they are developing the technology and will put it on the shelf until a customer requires it. The reason for the speculation was because RR changed the program over the years to make the engine larger, and required RR to build a whole new testing center (which is very expensive).

Tim

Scarcasm - I’m sure if Emirates will come forward with the many billions needed to reengineer a 747 to 2 motors the company will be happy to oblige. However, I am skeptical to think the business case closes for them or anyone.

Back