7 old planes

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Ok Im not good at the old planes names...so Im sure someone here will tell me what they were.
Leaving Jean, NV this morning, there were these 7 planes flying together. they blocked the taxiway for me, which was nice, I didnt mind because they were kinda neat to watch,
Here are some pictures i took and a small video (here), not the best quality...
twas a beutiful morning for mooney flying :)

Michael

NOTAM 10/002 FI/T. Change IDENT of T33 to T34A. All else remains the same. WIE until UFN. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Make me feel old, huh?

I like the Avatar. "The Aludium q36 space modulator..."

Last edited:
bbchien said:
T33. Primary Navy Trainer for Many, Many Years.

Aren't those T-34 Mentors? I thought the T-33 was the training version of the P-80 Shooting Star?

Last edited:
Those T-34s look really great. Gosh it makes me feel old. Michael the pics. are great.

Thanks; They are very much appreciated

John

Richard said:
Diana, should I tell him or do you want to?

LOL, tell me what Richard? Im guessing you probably showed me one of those. :D

Michael said:
LOL, tell me what Richard? Im guessing you probably showed me one of those. :D
Think back to the ramp at WVI. The owner was gearing up to give rides to his grandkids when we were preparing to depart.

Richard said:
Think back to the ramp at WVI. The owner was gearing up to give rides to his grandkids when we were preparing to depart.

Do you mean the one Diana and you went to look at while i was untieing the mooney? I would never have guessed. I remember talking about it, If I recall you two sorta dissagreed as to what it was.... Richard, as much as I hate to admit it, Old planes all look alike to me. I guess if I owned one like you, I might know more about them :)
I wonder if one of the ones I saw today was that same one we saw at WVI.

Michael said:
Do you mean the one Diana and you went to look at while i was untieing the mooney? I would never have guessed. I remember talking about it, If I recall you two sorta dissagreed as to what it was.... Richard, as much as I hate to admit it, Old planes all look alike to me. I guess if I owned one like you, I might know more about them :)
I wonder if one of the ones I saw today was that same one we saw at WVI.
Well, I first saw it just as we cleared the rwy. Mostly, all I saw was the tail and the tandem canopy and that it was painted in camo. It also had a small Canadian flag on the tail that's why I thought it was a DeHav Chimpunk. When Diana pointed out the unmistakable Beechcraft gear I could only admit it was as she said. I wasn't able to tell from your photos if it was there at Jean.

Richard said:
I thought it was a DeHav Chimpunk. When Diana pointed out the unmistakable Beechcraft gear I could only admit it was as she said.
Oh, I remember now. :D I said it looked like a T-34 and somebody didn't really believe me so I asked the pilot. He said it was a T-34.:)

Here's a picture of my dad and the CAP T-34.

Diana said:
Oh, I remember now. :D I said it looked like a T-34 and somebody didn't really believe me so I asked the pilot. He said it was a T-34.:)

Here's a picture of my dad and the CAP T-34.

Diana, it's okay, you can say it was me. IIRC, the Cipmunk sits quit a bit higher. Anyway, next time I'll just blurt out, hey look at that purty plane. Can't go wrong with that.

That's a nice pic with your dad.

Oh yeah, here's the rest of the story: when Diana asked the pilot I was just walking up to the group standing by the plane. I didn't quite hear Diana's query of the pilot but the way some of those ladies looked at me I figured they knew I was the party in question. They giggled and smiled, Diana turned to walk back to the Mooney. Not even a, "See, I told ya'", or some such thing from Diana. A show of class, Diana.

Last edited:
T-34 ... just like the one I'm in here. I've probably got pictures of those exact planes here somewhere.

Michael said:
Ok Im not good at the old planes names...so Im sure someone here will tell me what they were.
Leaving Jean, NV this morning, there were these 7 planes flying together. they blocked the taxiway for me, which was nice, I didnt mind because they were kinda neat to watch,
Here are some pictures i took and a small video (here), not the best quality...
twas a beutiful morning for mooney flying :)

Michael

Richard said:
Anyway, next time I'll just blurt out, hey look at that purty plane. Can't go wrong with that.

Hey, can I borrow that line? I like it. :)

Richard said:
That's a nice pic with your dad.
Thank you Richard. We were in the CAP together. I was in high school back then. Fathers and daughters sharing a love of flying.

Richard said:
Not even a, "See, I told ya'", or some such thing from Diana. A show of class, Diana.
Gosh. :redface: I'm flattered by your comment Richard. That's very sweet of you.

lancefisher said:
I thought they were all grounded.

The Navy flying club has 2, they are flying, but I don't know the particulars. I can find out if you want.

Back