6Y9 hits the big time!!!

Over compensation for lack of Grummans. :D

Wow, suh-weeeeet. I'm guessing 6Y9 has a pretty swanky departure lounge for all those Stratos bigshots!:ihih:

Obviously they just put nearly every airport from the FAA database into their database then dynamically generate those pages. Kind of funny. You'd think they'd at least put in some logic to look at the runway length. It wouldn't be that hard to not look like complete idiots.

I saw that with Canada as well. There are some jet charter companies claiming they'll fly into gravel strips that they definitely would not get into or out of.

So, who wants to make a request from them and see what they say?

Edit: Looks like Scott has this one covered.

I saw that with Canada as well. There are some jet charter companies claiming they'll fly into gravel strips that they definitely would not get into or out of.

So, who wants to make a request from them and see what they say?

Edit: Looks like Scott has this one covered.
I am pretty sure that a Fred B. Kakee just put in a request to go from ORD to 6Y9 with 6 people and their camping equipment for the labor day weekend.

I just put in a request for a jet charted from 5Z5 to 6Y9 on Sept 3rd returning on Sept 6th with 7 passengers.

I am pretty sure that a Fred B. Kakee just put in a request to go from ORD to 6Y9 with 6 people and their camping equipment for the labor day weekend.

I just put in a request for a jet charted from 5Z5 to 6Y9 on Sept 3rd returning on Sept 6th with 7 passengers.

ROLMAO I can't wait to read how they respond to you

ROLMAO I can't wait to read how they respond to you
I only got an automated response so far:
Quote Request ID 24712

Hello Fred B. Kakee,

Thank you for your interest in Stratos Jets, we look forward to providing personalized solutions for your private aviation needs. Your inquiry has been forwarded to our aircraft charter department for follow-up. If your inquiry is of an urgent nature please feel free to contact us 24x7 via telephone 1.888.478.7286

I've had 4 phonecalls and two voice messages since I put in that request. I exchanged a few e-mails and was quoted roughly $57,000 on the trip using a "large class" business jet. I might give them a call tomorrow and ask them how they're planning on flying into those airports.

I understand that it's easier to just say you'll fly into anywhere and assume that your customers know better, but that's a bad assumption. Pretty funny.

Of course, Mari could do it in her twin Cessna! :D

I've had 4 phonecalls and two voice messages since I put in that request. I exchanged a few e-mails and was quoted roughly $57,000 on the trip using a "large class" business jet. I might give them a call tomorrow and ask them how they're planning on flying into those airports.
Makes me feel even better about not giving them a real phone number.

No no don't challange them, find out specifically what type of jet and see if they will confirm they can fly it into 6Y9. That should be interesting.

No no don't challange them, find out specifically what type of jet and see if they will confirm they can fly it into 6Y9. That should be interesting.
My guess is that once someone who knows something gets a look at that request that they will try to get a price from a small airplane subcontractor to fly from 5Z5 and 6Y9 to a more appropriate airport and then use the "large jet" in between. My guess is that they are just a charter broker anyway.

Just got back from a week long fishing trip.
OH GREAT.:hairraise: Do I have to build a new terminal bldg.? Set up TSA check points? Jet A tanks?:wink2:

The question is how far along this quote will go before someone actually looks at the airfield information and has the D'OH! moment.

Back